• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shocks, opinion, recomendiations or what are you using?

Chaski

Bilstein 5100's. But I have about 4" of lift. They replaced some Skyjacker ones that were less than 2 years old. Night and day difference. The Bilsteins are fantastic.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I had an M1031 a few years back. Same as all the CUCV pick ups. I used Monroe gasmatic shocks. I have all stock suspension. I have new springs but 0 lift other then the 4 ply front springs. They work well as a shock can do on a straight axle 1 ton truck that is sitting on leaf springs at all 4 corners. That is the same way they built buck board wagons in the 1800's. Good Luck. There are many choices. All are about the same. If the are worn out replace them with what you can afford or want to spend. Good Luck.

Ilikemtb999

I've had the Rancho 5000's & skyjacker 7000. I couldn't tell any difference between the two? :shrugs:
They were probably the same shock :lol:

bilsteins are the best "cheap" shock imo. I put them on all my daily drivers if I can. I've got tuff country brand shocks (made in the USA) and I can't say they're great. I plan on biting the bullet on some fox 2.0 shocks once I get the extended mounts on up front. Fully rebuildable even for their basic shock.

TM1008

Already a little older the thread
but maybe my questions will be answered anyway.

I would like a 4 "lift for a M1008, Skyjacker leaf spring front and blocks rear.
Would like the suspension a bit firmer because I drive more road ... 95%
The Skyjacker shocks are probably a bit softer, have currently mounted a 2.5 "lift with hydro shocks from Skyjacker.
Now I read more often about Tough Country HD and Bilstein shocks.
Are the Bilstein or Tough Country HD shocks a bit tighter?
And what damper did you mount at the rear if you mounted Bilstein or Tough HD on the front?

Would be nice if someone has parts numbers for me, I would like to order from Summit.

thank you for your help

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Already a little older the thread
but maybe my questions will be answered anyway.

I would like a 4 "lift for a M1008, Skyjacker leaf spring front and blocks rear.
Would like the suspension a bit firmer because I drive more road ... 95%
The Skyjacker shocks are probably a bit softer, have currently mounted a 2.5 "lift with hydro shocks from Skyjacker.
Now I read more often about Tough Country HD and Bilstein shocks.
Are the Bilstein or Tough Country HD shocks a bit tighter?
And what damper did you mount at the rear if you mounted Bilstein or Tough HD on the front?

Would be nice if someone has parts numbers for me, I would like to order from Summit.

thank you for your help

Have you been to Summits website? You can order a catalog or browse online? I am sure that you can find just about anything that you want.

Also TM1008 just wondering if you have to convert from English to German or vise versa? Is it that you need help to interpret?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks