• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good local OD spray bomb paint?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working on an old engine stand to mount a c45 prop I restored for display . Any suggestions for a decent OD spray paint I can buy at Lowes, Ace or similar?

i normally use Rapco or behr but this is not a vehicle and will be inside . Don't want to go to the trouble of setting up a sprayer and don't want to order paint for such a small project.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Krylon, is what I use often.

It's a little darker than milspec, but looks great.

It's the closest thing I have found.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was passing by an ACE today and picked up the Krylon. It worked great very close to the WWII OD I was looking for. Thanks for the replies.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW I got the darker of the 2 krylon camo greens. 4923 is the number I think

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking Good! The C-45 is one of my favorite aircraft. Catalina Flying Boats used to have 2 C-45s, that delivered the New York Times daily, from Long Beach CA., to San Diego CA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks