• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manuals

Guyfang

Staff member
Should you look in the basic TM for the SEE, the -12 manual, in the table of contents, you might be suprised at the amount of information you find. Toward the rear of the -12 manual in a chapter titled "Referances". Look in that chapter, and you will find a list of applicable Referances for the SEE. EVERY piece of equipment in the milatary that has a -12 Operaters Manual, has a chapter titled "Referances".

mogger7

don't have any thing for a SEE but I do have the 2 big manuals for the 416/406 that I have no use for if someone want's to make an offer
mogger7

peakbagger

There are PDFs of 406 manuals floating around on the internet. I found that they are overly concise and quite generic, definitely an 180 degree approach to the "print it by the pound" SEE manuals. Send me a PM and I can send you a PDF unless you want a hardcopy.

Update - The file is huge for this manual 820 MB. I don't have good way of sending it as Gmail limits attachments to 25 MB. I cannot remember where I downloaded them from.

Last edited:

peakbagger

By the way, this firm in Germany is the publisher and distributer of the factory Unimog manuals, they have the rights to reprint them. I bought a set for my 1300L from them. Just factor in exchange rate and shipping. There is someone in England on Ebay that also sells a limited selection of manuals but I expect he buys them from buchundbild.

https://www.buchundbild.de/en/Unimog/MBtrac-literature-english/Unimog-Instruction-Manuals.

A major caveat is that the manuals are going to cover basic systems common to the series. Practically every Unimog with the exception of military units are individually custom built at the factory which is why legit parts vendors wont order parts without a VIN. The SEE is the end of the 406 run with many years of upgrades and improvements plus all the added on US military parts and pieces so a 406/416 manual be less useful than you think. By the way the 406 is the standard wheelbase version and the 416 is long wheelbase version but with the exception of the driveshafts they are effectively the same truck. A SEE uses the short wheelbase chassis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks