• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia HMMWV Group

jeffy777

Good morning all,

So we had a first ever event which was with other military vehicles and Jeeps. This was at 9th Annual Graves Mountain Military Vehicle and Vintage 4x4 Trail Rides! http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com . Here are a couple of pictures done by Daniel:
Graves1.jpgGraves3.jpgGraves2.jpg

We are talking about another group get together http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/ Fall Crawl and RCPFA October 14-15.

It would be good to get together again. But I wanted to have this thread for VA HMMWV so those who are not part of the Facebook group could get some info.

A great group of people.

Thanks,

Jeff

MaverickH1

I'm here, but I'm the type of guy that's either working my *** off or hanging out with my wife. On good days both.

So I don't know how many things I'll be able to attend. At the moment I'm starting a business, hopefully working towards making enough money to be able to pay other people to do things for me. Maybe then I'll have free time, but I suspect as soon as that comes there will be children in our lives. haha.

In any case, hopefully I can make some things. The only thing I've done for fun this year was go out on Potts Mountain in the HMMWV. It was fun. But very tight. And I didn't get to go all the way through because the other vehicles couldn't make it, so we had to turn around.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That weekend is right before a long business trip for me so I probably can't attend. My idler and pitman arms must still be replaced as well (gathering funds and part numbers).
I expect I'll miss this event, but I appreciate this thread very much Jeff, as I'm one of the non-Facebook users here.
Being as my son definitely seems to enjoy off roading (ok, "duh, he's a boy") this is something I will make time for more often than the Graves Rally. As a part-time Dad I'm always on the lookout for things he can look forward to, to do during our time together.
Bulldogger

jeffy777

To All: I do not think I can meet every meeting. I just wanted to blend the forums so that those who do not facebook get the news and those who do that they know of the Virginia HMMWV Owners group.
The Captain: I don't remember noticing you before (I apologize). The group is new and the people are friendly.
MaverickH1: Mav... I look forward to meeting you at something. I think we joined SS at about the same time. So... don't let me down. :)
Bulldogger: If you want a hand when you go put those parts on message me, I will try to come up by you. To learn from a man like you would be like Christmas.

kcobean

I'm taking a Dark Angel medical trauma response class that weekend, so definitely won't make it. I am still thinking about trying to organize a HMMWV trail-ride event out there in the spring though. Maybe a weekend of camping. Will try to give everyone ample time (months) to get it on their calendar if they want to go. I was bummed that I missed the folks who were at the Graves Mountain event on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. My work schedule ruined Saturday, so my trip out there on Sunday was both unexpected and necessarily brief. I'm going to plan to camp out up there next year.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a Military Vehicle rally in Ashland on the 4th of November: 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Annual Trucks and Tanks at VFW Post 10657 - 11568 Cedar Ln, Ashland, VA 23005: Saturday, November 4: 9 am – 6 pm
It is for the VAMVA (Virginia Military Vehicles Association), Rob White is a member. Rob had the little Munga staff car/jeep at the Graves Mtn Rally. He drove an old Deuce the year before.
My son and I are planning to attend for now, unless something unforeseen comes up.

Be good to see some more HMMWVs there. I might have my soft slant back done by then, but am not sure.

Bulldogger

kcobean

There is a Military Vehicle rally in Ashland on the 4th of November: 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Annual Trucks and Tanks at VFW Post 10657 - 11568 Cedar Ln, Ashland, VA 23005: Saturday, November 4: 9 am – 6 pm
It is for the VAMVA (Virginia Military Vehicles Association), Rob White is a member. Rob had the little Munga staff car/jeep at the Graves Mtn Rally. He drove an old Deuce the year before.
My son and I are planning to attend for now, unless something unforeseen comes up.

Be good to see some more HMMWVs there. I might have my soft slant back done by then, but am not sure.

Bulldogger

I’m in! Do we need to register for this or just show up?

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn’t see any registration requirements. Pretty sure we can just show up.
I’ll ask Rob White, as he’s been to it before. Assume No, unless I report otherwise.
My son wants to go so I suspect we will attend then. It’s 1.5 hours drive but it’s not every day one gets to see a T34 tank being driven around.
I just need to inspect the HMMWV steering to gauge how it’s doing. I haven’t driven it much since tearing up the idler arm on Graves Mtn. It drove fine on the way home after I cranked all the slack I could out of the idler arm castle nut. Probably ok for level ground driving

Bulldogger

kcobean

I didn’t see any registration requirements. Pretty sure we can just show up.
I’ll ask Rob White, as he’s been to it before. Assume No, unless I report otherwise.
My son wants to go so I suspect we will attend then. It’s 1.5 hours drive but it’s not every day one gets to see a T34 tank being driven around.
I just need to inspect the HMMWV steering to gauge how it’s doing. I haven’t driven it much since tearing up the idler arm on Graves Mtn. It drove fine on the way home after I cranked all the slack I could out of the idler arm castle nut. Probably ok for level ground driving

Bulldogger
We’re both coming from NoVA...let’s meet in Springfield and convoy down. Safety in numbers and all that.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be joining. I actually drove by it last weekend twice in my HMMWV and it's a little over an hour drive for me. I'm going to make a event in the Facebook Virginia HMMWV Owners group. We are going to try to meet before and convoy in, I have all the reflective convoy signs. I'll update this thread once we determine time and location to meet.

To Virginia HMMWV owners that would like to join our Facebook group, here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/253796061807650/

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Word from Rob about the event and registration: “You don’t need to register. Your ticket is your MV – just pull in and we’ll find you a spot!
Bulldogger

sf1954

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As my first post, it was a pleasure to meet everyone and see their vehicles at the MV rally. I learned a lot.

kcobean

As my first post, it was a pleasure to meet everyone and see their vehicles at the MV rally. I learned a lot.
I'm really sorry I didn't make it down today. I made the mistake of trying to replace my aluminum Plan B doors with a set of X doors in half a day. Foolish! And it was just too **** cold for me to spend 2+ hours in the HMMWV with no doors on it.

I'll make the next one.

jeffy777

Wish you(Kelly) were there. It was a good time. I should have brought a chair or two, some sodas and some food.

Bulldogger was there as well as many others.

Missed seeing you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks