• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

419 Won't Start

Iforge

My 419SEE was running fine, starting immediately, all good. I shut it off, throttle and key, battery switch left on for a few minutes and now it will not turn over. Zip. When key is turned the red light is on, when starter button is pushed the volt meter shows a drop from 24V but no click, no nothing. Clutch fully depressed and all gears in neutral for good measure. Where should I look? Thanks
PS also one of the backhoe locks is not unlocking, like it is stuck...

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you leave the clutch pedal alone, push the switch with your right hand, and the starter button with your left. No guarantees that the switch is guilty, but it's easy enough to prove it innocent.

To jump at the solenoid, bypassing the whole starter circuit, do it it normal fashion by putting a screwdriver (or metal object of your liking) so it bridges the hot cable and the solenoid's connection to the starting circuit. Of course, you could always use a remote starter switch. They're cheap and made for that job.

Iforge

If you leave the clutch pedal alone, push the switch with your right hand, and the starter button with your left. No guarantees that the switch is guilty, but it's easy enough to prove it innocent.

To jump at the solenoid, bypassing the whole starter circuit, do it it normal fashion by putting a screwdriver (or metal object of your liking) so it bridges the hot cable and the solenoid's connection to the starting circuit. Of course, you could always use a remote starter switch. They're cheap and made for that job.
Ok Thanks for the information, I have more dirt to move!

Iforge

Ok Thanks for the information, I have more dirt to move!
Update, "419 Wayne" started easily by jumping the solenoid. So... it still could be the clutch switch (Not sure if i had the clutch down when I jumped it, duh) or the solenoid or something in between. Is that right?

PS. I still can't get one of the locks to open so can't fold down the backhoe.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, there's a lot of wiring, connectors, two switches, and a fuse or two, that gets bypassed when jumping at the solenoid. The problem is somewhere in there, but where is the question. I'd make a simple jumper cable with bullet connectors (shown in a previous post, but maybe not in this thread) and eliminate the clutch switch for now.

To get the lock open, I'd either disconnect the cylinder mechanically in one end, or loosen the upper hose and compress it. Then you should be able to pry it open, either by hand or with some sort of pry bar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks