• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lexus vs M931 bobtailed, got rear ended

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slowing from highway speed to turn on dirt road, and got tagged pretty hard.

IMG_1610[1].jpgIMG_1609[1].jpgIMG_1611[1].jpg

So now we have a broke truck. Will start making insurance calls in the morning after the adrenaline wears off.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driver and passenger left in same ambulance, driver was in shock, passanger was beat up by airbags. Everyone that saw says they were lucky.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the "Lexus Advanced Pre-Collision System" failed miserably. Big surprise. Glad you are OK.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sucks about your truck. Doesn't look like the dogbone should have snapped lke that, were you into the turn when the impact occurred?

Were they not watching what they were doing? A 5ton isn't hard to miss, especially in the daylight. High rate of speed?

aziator

Sorry to hear that, buddy of mine was rear ended on I-10, M923 pulling another M923. Going 55mph, all the correct tow lights and blinkers. Guy driving a big International Semi admits he wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of them at 75mph. They didn't even realize they had been hit, just felt like a nudge (and the semi had them in weight). The semi looked totaled, complete front end damage. Initial damage to the towed M923 didn't look too bad but ends up there was enough damage that insurance totaled it.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sucks about your truck. Doesn't look like the dogbone should have snapped lke that, were you into the turn when the impact occurred?
Were they not watching what they were doing? A 5ton isn't hard to miss, especially in the daylight. High rate of speed?
I was almost slowed to turn, I think I started my turn, looked in the mirror and saw him start around me, then straightened out, I think.

I dont know why they would attempt to pass in a no passing zone. That is a 70 mph zone so yes, high speed.

red

I was almost slowed to turn, I think I started my turn, looked in the mirror and saw him start around me, then straightened out, I think.

I dont know why they would attempt to pass in a no passing zone. That is a 70 mph zone so yes, high speed.
Some people pass others out here going around blind turns on mountain roads, all about "me me me gotta get there now".

Looks like he hit you almost square on, can see where the pintle was in the hood.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am speculating here, but I think i jerked the wheel back right to straighten up and locked up the brakes and skidded the rear, to the left. then he tagged me and got me sideways in the road. I didnt see any skid marks that moved me sideways, but you can see where i left a trail of oil and coolant from him when I pulled away from him.

I only moved because the split second after it happened my brain said you are blocking both lanes, if it the truck will move, MOVE. so I felt like I drove straight forwards onto the side road.

Now for my justification in my own mind on why I wouldnt want a car to hit me in the side? I just assisted in cleaning up a truck accident last sunday where a semi was turning left, and a car passed and hit him in the drivers side battery box/ fuel tank. not much left there.

IMG_1577[1].jpg

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another photo sent to me this afternoon from a different angle, so i did drive almost straight forward.

IMG_8419[1].jpg

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update on driver and pax of lexus, driver has a broken shoulder ... something, pax has a broken foot.

TexAndy

You did good. Friend of mine in a deuce was in a head on collision with a pickup. Flipped the deuce and a half over, landed on the cab, and killed his passengers (two kids).

Granted, more energy as it was A: combined speed from two vehicles approaching eachother and B: heavier object hitting him than a Lexus. But I think what really did it was that they didn't hit perfectly head-on. More driver's side to driver's side.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Up in that part of the state, you can drive what seems forever without a turn in the road.
Not a lot to look at either. No external distractions.
Beautiful country for sure. Was up there a few weeks ago.

Your truck would stand out for miles up there.

Always amazes me on the stupidity of drivers.
All this wide open country and let's plow into the only thing to hit for miles.

Truck can be fixed.
Main thing is your ok
No matter how bad it is.....it can ALWAYS be worse.

Get ready for the lawsuit. Watch what you post as already mentioned.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And cell company can tell if they were texting.
Double edged sword
That works both ways.

Was he texting before accident and forgot to signal, etc.

This is the exact reason I have dash cameras.

You can hear on the video when you use the turn signal lever, apply brake, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks