• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a : AirTex fuel pump substitution

USAMilRet

Great to hear. I have 2 inbound and I just bought 3 more 803As and 1 is missing the fuel pump. I have a couple of extra G17 screen pre filters too. Got to find the metal fuel line though.

USAMilRet

Where did you find the 803a's? Somewhere local?
No. Been in Cleveland the last week visiting family and I found them near here per a CL ad forwarded to me. The seller had 5 MEP803As and one MEP003. I took 3 of the 803As and had them shipped through uship down to Tampa. Total price was way too good to pass on. So now I have 5 MEP803As with only the first that I am still putting back together, spoken for. Game plan is to sell enough of these to cover my genset and accessories costs. Soon as I break even I will look again to see if I want to continue.

I figure I can get at least 2 units working with no problems and if I can't get the third unit running for a reasonable cost, it will become a parts unit.

smokem joe

No. Been in Cleveland the last week visiting family and I found them near here per a CL ad forwarded to me. The seller had 5 MEP803As and one MEP003. I took 3 of the 803As and had them shipped through uship down to Tampa. Total price was way too good to pass on. So now I have 5 MEP803As with only the first that I am still putting back together, spoken for. Game plan is to sell enough of these to cover my genset and accessories costs. Soon as I break even I will look again to see if I want to continue.

I figure I can get at least 2 units working with no problems and if I can't get the third unit running for a reasonable cost, it will become a parts unit.
Jamawieb those are the ones I found that I called you about. I decided against getting any more for the time being. I'm glad a forum member got a few of them at least!

jamawieb

Jamawieb those are the ones I found that I called you about. I decided against getting any more for the time being. I'm glad a forum member got a few of them at least!
Cool, I've been so busy at work I hadn't had a chance to think. I'm glad someone here got them.

USAMilRet

He told me that they were all for sale. If they were not gone by winter then he would fix what remained in the warmth of the garage.

I really wanted to take all five but he would not lower the price per unit. I still would have taken them but my wife is with me and I do not think that I could justify five of them.

I got a 05/10 unit another /07 unit and a /94 unit. I think he has another /07 and /98 unit left. He was pretty confident he could get them all running. Just could not say the same about the generator side.

smokem joe

I'm swamped with work too. That's why I decided to pass. I have a couple sitting already and no idea when I can get to them. I'll probably get them done and be out of the game.

USAMilRet

Thank you so much for the lead on this. I really appreciate that you took the time to pass this on to me. I could not have done this without your help.

smokem joe

Thank you so much for the lead on this. I really appreciate that you took the time to pass this on to me. I could not have done this without your help.
Not sure it was me that passed it on to you! I did pass it on to a few people, just don't remember who.

USAMilRet

Not sure it was me that passed it on to you! I did pass it on to a few people, just don't remember who.
You are right. It was kavesman1 that did so my apologies to him for my a$$-umption and not checking the PM before I posted. Apparently this must have changed hands several times, it does not alter the fact that you may have participated as well.

bosko

I have one, too, for my spare. I even bought the electrical connector and fittings so I could drop it in when needed. My price of the configured E8131 is pretty close to the price of the drop in E1074. It's good to have the OEM pump available. I just wish Rockauto would put it in stock.....
Which electrical fittings do you need, id like to get a couple just incase.

Last edited:

Zed254

My Ebay history shows '2 Pin Molex Connector Lot, 5 Matched Sets, w/14-20 AWG .093" Pins, Free Hanging'. These are the connectors only - attach them to the wires on the fuel pump. You'll need to check your generator's connector to confirm which one (M or F) to put on your fuel pump. The E1074 is a direct drop in with the proper connector already installed.

Last edited:

dav5

Does anyone know if this Airtex pump can be used in the 831A. I have the Airtex pump in my 803A and a Facet pump that has no visible identifier in my 831A. It would be great to stock a spare that fits both. The 831A pump has a flexible line on one end so it shouldn't be hard to retrofit.

Guyfang

Staff member
2910-01-517-8606 Is the NSN. No help there. Cage Code is 30554, thats DOD

98-19749 is the Facet part number. What has Facet told you about a replacment pump?

Someone I know in the Biz, told me no, the 803A pumps will not, or better said, should not work in a 831A. But then again, he said he had never heard of anyone trying.

Zed254

Does anyone know if this Airtex pump can be used in the 831A. I have the Airtex pump in my 803A and a Facet pump that has no visible identifier in my 831A. It would be great to stock a spare that fits both. The 831A pump has a flexible line on one end so it shouldn't be hard to retrofit.
I charged down this rabbit hole and bumped my head. The TM IDs the pump as:
15 PAFZZ PAOZZ PAOZZ 2910-01-517-8606 30554 98-19749 . PUMP, FUEL, ELECTRICA ....... 1

but searches under NSN and part number come up blank for me. Purolator / Facet have some good documents out there but nothing crosses to the above pump. I could not find the specs on the 831A pump either and PartTarget was not much help: http://www.parttarget.com/2910-01-517-8606_2910015178606_98-19749.html

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I charged down this rabbit hole and bumped my head. The TM IDs the pump as:
15 PAFZZ PAOZZ PAOZZ 2910-01-517-8606 30554 98-19749 . PUMP, FUEL, ELECTRICA ....... 1

but searches under NSN and part number come up blank for me. Purolator / Facet have some good documents out there but nothing crosses to the above pump. I could not find the specs on the 831A pump either and PartTarget was not much help: http://www.parttarget.com/2910-01-517-8606_2910015178606_98-19749.html
That's because there is not much info to find.

15 (part 15, of figure 23)

PAFZZ PAOZZ PAOZZ (tells you what level can change the part, is it recoverable and who is responsible to get rid of it)

2910-01-517-8606 (NSN. Shows up in several web pages, but they give zero info, just want to sell you one)

30554 (Cage code, tells you who supplied it to the army. 30554 is for DOD, Mobile Electric Power. The reason its listed is because the pump was supplied by more then one manufacturer, and probably both of them no longer sell it.)

98-19749 (is the facet part number)

PUMP, FUEL, ELECTRICA ....... 1

One thing I did find. I went to an older parts manual. The Part number, 98-19749, (Facet part number) was different. It was: 98-19749-01. I looked it up, and found nothing. perhapy asking Facet about this number, might bring more info?

Last edited:

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually the Fact pump is marked. It's just in a lousy spot. It's stamped on the mounting flange of the pump. Bolts holding the pump in place obscure most of the part number.
Here is a shot of my 831's Facet primary pump with the top mounting bolt removed. You can see it's PN 40193.

MEP-831A Primary Fuel Pump Facet 40193.jpg

According to the Facet Industrial pump catalog the specs on the 40193 are:
30 PSI, 10 GPM, 1/4-18 connections, 24" lift

Looks like the E8131 specs are
10-14 PSI, 35 GPH, 3/8 connections,

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks