• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a : AirTex fuel pump substitution

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spoke with Mike in their Tech center... no idea about the pump at all. He said Summit knows more about it than he does... and he referenced a 20+ year old catalog too.

He has my cell. He said hes gonna do some research and see. Wish I had more news, but thats where it sits.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got one on order... says estimated date is 9/7. If they cancel the order, no biggie... but I'll take my chances. Its very unlikely that they are going to reuse a number for a pump like that, and not have it be the same thing.

Zed254

Not sure I believe Summit because I doubt Airtex would change specs on a military fuel pump, but they responded to my question......

Response By Email (Eric) (08/23/2018 11:12 AM)
Hello Bryan,

Thank you for your e-mail. From what we have found this is a simply gasoline pump. We have found nothing that shows this should be used for diesel fuel.

Thank you for your business.
Eric
Summit Racing Sales

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got off the phone with Mike (he called me back). Engineering states this can be used for gasoline or diesel, no worries. Actually rated 20gph, with a min pressure of 2.3psi. Consumes 1.3A.

He said it was definitely a military application (and told me it was for 24VDC), and that he had no idea where Summit was getting them from (hes in tech, not sales).

I do believe this is the exact pump. I am not sure where they are coming from, but if Summit is right, I should know within 2-3 weeks if its really a thing....

Zed254

Excellent!! I figured Summit was just 'answering an email' vs investigating the question. I followed up with a picture of the military pump to give Summit another chance.

Great find, Marcos, and super info LITD. I think I'll order me one, too.

--- o ---

Ahhh, 'Out of Stock'. Special order item and they are going to email me when they get one. But they were kind enough to take my credit card info!!!

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't need one (but I do need some replacement prefilters for my stock)... so I figured if its really an available product, I now at least have a newer style in my personal parts backup (instead of the older square style, which I have on a parts 802).

smokem joe

If it turns out that this works I will pick one up to throw on the shelf. I have a spare, but it is the square style. Summit is only 15 minutes from me

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the milspec units (or at least all I have seen) were domestically produced. I see these new ones are coming from Mexico. I do know that Airtex know goes by ASC/Airtex (ASC water pumps combined with them), so maybe from the merger there has been a demand for this pump again? I don't know... but I am very glad to see it available. Thanks again Marcos.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it'll pump gas it will pump diesel.
I can refill my MEP with diesel stored in a hollowed out watermelon too... doesn't mean its going to last in that application. I have no doubts the mechanical internals can take either fuel, its the seals, fitting, etc that would degrade in a significantly different manner under the multi fuel use. See the stupid well nut on these machines for the best example.

Zed254

I have one, too, for my spare. I even bought the electrical connector and fittings so I could drop it in when needed. My price of the configured E8131 is pretty close to the price of the drop in E1074. It's good to have the OEM pump available. I just wish Rockauto would put it in stock.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks