• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11r22.5

karl1430

Has anybody put modern 11r22.5 dual tires on an m35 ?
I know one would have to have rims made I have that part figured out. This is more of a will they fit question.

I have a friend who has a truck tire shop so I have an unlimited supply of free used tires that come off of semis

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not done that mod, but I have heard of it. There was a few old Ford F-600's and international busses that used that wheel with a bolt pattern to fit the deuce. They are rare however. But if you find some, you would have a lot more tire options, and lower price than the 20's. And the benefit of being modern tubeless radials!

There was a company in the US that would make them, but it was cost prohibitive for me. I stuck with the 20".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tobyS

A set of the G177 11.00r20 would last you a lifetime...the cost of special rims hardly seems worth it even for free tires. Myself, I like the 11.00r20 rears and the 14.5r20 for floatation on the front.

Attachments

M35a2duece

I just seen 6 bolt rims on new water trailers the army got. They had 1100-22.5? Tires on Them. I noticed specifically because I thought they would be a neat upgrade. They were definitely 6 bolt 22.5 rims. Non split ring

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just seen 6 bolt rims on new water trailers the army got. They had 1100-22.5? Tires on Them. I noticed specifically because I thought they would be a neat upgrade. They were definitely 6 bolt 22.5 rims. Non split ring
That's the beauty of the 22.5, tubeless,solid wheels. There's gonna be a lot of surplus trailers without tires LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one truck that has the Firestone 10R20 t831 and love them as most of the driving is on road. They have a pretty good lug for off road and the truck handles so much better. I can't see wearing out the big lug tires if most of the driving is on road. My 915A2 had 22.5 tubeless but I had a full set of 24.5 on wheels. I think that a little cost for the wheels if you can find them and some 22.5 r's would be a wise way to go.

Last edited:

tobyS

By that thought mind set we all still be driving model ts
Perhaps you have not noticed the cost of these SS is about twice the prior truck price and that there have been numerous failures associated with electronics and high water.

Sorry but I can't agree that the "progress" we have made is as profound as comparing a deuce to a model T. I can push start an 809 or M35....which can't be done with a deuce A3 or M939 series or any LMTV or MTV. If the starter no work...your done. And those wonderful super singles...all it takes is one flat.

For going in flood waters...I sure don't want the latest SS, I'll take the deuce or 939.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love my deuce......................low and slow........................TOO MANY memories, smells, and adventures to just "upgrade". Interesting topic, and I too would love to see pic of ICAT's truck

deathrowdave

I did mine years ago. Wheels from Freightliner , 6 Lug 8x22.5 . 22.5 tires are a dime a dozen . tubeless also. just have to change caster shims so it will drive straight with radials.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By that thought mind set we all still be driving model ts
I have one MTV tractor, five Deuces plus ten 809 series five tons and one M915A2. I would love to sell my MTV and keep one Deuce one five ton dump, one 5 ton wrecker 809 series and the 915. The Deuce is simple ,multi fuel and CME proof plus manual trans so it could be pushed started. As said Deuce is a better bet. No mind set here just simple truth.

Last edited:

Jakelc15

I did mine years ago. Wheels from Freightliner , 6 Lug 8x22.5 . 22.5 tires are a dime a dozen . tubeless also. just have to change caster shims so it will drive straight with radials.
Was wondering how much caster you went with.
When I put 11r24.5s on my 5 ton I found that I had a huge amount of toe in. Lined it up with a tape measure and now it drives well except for an occasional wander on rutted roads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks