• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you search within your own list of "subscribed threads"?

coachgeo

pretty sure this can be done..... but Im being dense lately and not doing something right.

Any hints on how to do this (search within your own subscribed threads only)

CMPPhil

Hi

Hit the advance search button, under the search frame, it give you the option of selecting who posts to search.

Cheers Phil

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can subscribe to a thread without posting to it, so does that include those type of threads as well?

coachgeo

Hi

Hit the advance search button, under the search frame, it give you the option of selecting who posts to search.

Cheers Phil
Do not see how that helps. Threads I'm "subscribed" to were started by dozens of different members and contains post from dozens of additional members. Beside I suck at remembering names. I'd probably be searching by key words. Am wanting to search via key words with in my own personal "subscription list" and not the whole board or a specific forum.

Last edited:

coachgeo

You can subscribe to a thread without posting to it, so does that include those type of threads as well?
Searching for information put in post by a particular member or a thread started by a particular member is easy task in Advance search.

My question is specifically about searching with in ONLY those threads an individual member has added to their own "subscription list".

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Not on point but I hate that tapatalk now searches all forums for the search content you enter. Before if I was in a 5 ton section and searched it only pulled 5 ton stuff up. that was nice. but not anymore.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was my point. I should have included the text from the reply I was questioning.
I hope someone comes up with a solution to this. It would be a real PITA to manually go thru all the posts in the subscribed list.

coachgeo

Not on point but I hate that tapatalk now searches all forums for the search content you enter. Before if I was in a 5 ton section and searched it only pulled 5 ton stuff up. that was nice. but not anymore.
specific site search in google has always been.. whole Bulletin board only. Never could get it to search within a specific forum even when using the URL of a specific forum on a board. Like here..... google advance won't web site search https://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?75-FMTV it will only search https://www.steelsoldiers.com

BUTTT..... this is off topic and I'm helping in hijacking my own thread so lets not go to this topic till we solve the one at hand.

coachgeo

Any other ideas?
BTW one's thread subscriptions are located in a personal FOLDER. FWIW

Question
in ADVANCED SEARCH..... in one category you can search by is "Superscribed Forums". what the heck is "subscribed forum"? Never seen ability to subscribe to a particular forum. Just individual threads.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks