• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TIRE AND RIM COMBINATION QUESTIONS

wadereg

I saw this truck in a post for M35A3s that are coming up for sale soon. I think the wheels are killer and I want to know where I might possible find a set of 6. If some would could also tell me what size tires the are the would be great to. I am an idiot when it comes to tires and it would be nice to have a little help. thanks

Attachments

M1075

These are the 2 piece M35A3 combat wheel. You are only likely to find 6 of them if you buy a M35A3 truck (seriously). Tires are Michelin XL 14.5R20.

wadereg

m-35Tom I like the way your truck looks, what is your tire wheel combo? I need something good for nags head becuase i spend a lot of time there. m109 is going to be used as the family camper and it would be nice if it did not dig into the sand.

majortom

i used the single wheels from the m44 telephone mant, truck with 14r20 tires. fit and work great. pics at alfaheaven.com go to toms army. i got a lot of 20 from gl

wadereg

i found my tires 395/85r20XML Michelins...however im having a hard time finding 20 inch wheels for the truck. any website suggestions. i still trying to go through the reading material provided above but its now time for work. 3pm to 1am what a wonderful year this is going to be.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search out and read the Diablo Build thread. Check out the wheels used on that. That is ODIron.com

tsmall07

I've been to odiron.com and I can't find that they have any wheels for sale. Where do I go to find them?

They also don't have hardly anything for CUCVs.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wadereg said:
i found my tires 395/85r20XML Michelins...however im having a hard time finding 20 inch wheels for the truck......
Well, those are real nice SUPER-singles for a grown up deuce(!!!), each putting about 220 pounds on the scale!If you decided to go that size all you need are 20x10" rims. Hard to find them tubeless but easy to have your stock wheels widened 2.5" (to the outside), so you prob. want to run (14.00-20)tubes and flaps in them.
The other option woud be 2pc tubeless wheels similar to what you saw in those links....
Yes, there is some work involved, but... it pays off!

Gerhard

DanMartin

tsmall07 said:
I've been to odiron.com and I can't find that they have any wheels for sale. Where do I go to find them?

They also don't have hardly anything for CUCVs.
Send an email or PM to Mike at OD Iron...he's getting ready to send in an order for wheels.

They are not on his site, but he is taking orders from people for them.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wadereg said:
ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON HOW TO WIDEN THE RIMS...CAN I PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR ME?
Yes, send me enough std. deuce wheels and....., how much do you want to pay???? :)

Seriously, I have a pretty good idea how to and I could build them for you and others but I guess I-m to far away to compete with other suppliers....

Man, there are piles of original wheels at any junkyard, and cheap surplus super-singles like the 15.5/80R20 or 395/85R20, too! I just can't believe nobody started a business offering widened deuce wheels! Those tires are for 20x10" wheels but are large and wide enough to be mounted on wheels up to 13" wide.
20x12" with std. backspace (on flipped rear hubs) would be optimal in my opinion, not sticking out to far at the front and not to narrow on the rear axles.

Just my two cents!

Gerhard

bottleworks

ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON HOW TO WIDEN THE RIMS...CAN I PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR ME?
Search the Deuce Mods section. There are a couple threads showing how to do it.

And what's you with all the yelling (CAPS LOCK).

wadereg

Sorry didnt mean to yell, just i have to in my line of work to get a point across and that tends to make me talk loud...im working on it though for when i am off duty. By the way letters are letters they read the same big or small. :D

thanks for all the help...i think this thread is DNR.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks