• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bostic Motors?

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just had another phone conversation with Jeff at Bostic. He said to use NA injectors on an NA engine and Turbo injectors on a turbo engine, because the injectors are calibrated to the fuel requirements of each version of engine. Makes sense I guess.

Drock

Okay.... My M1028, has a Banks turbo, I replaced the stock heads with a NEW set of 6.5 heads from Bostic Motors. I re-installed the original stock injectors & injection lines. And it's run fine for around 10,000 miles. The only problem I had was I used a set of 6.2 head gaskets, which are thinner then 6.5's, so I had problems fitting the intake & coolant crossover back on. Some time with a die grinder elongating the holes took care of that.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The injectors flow more fuel than is delivered to them. One injector over the other will make no difference power wise. That is the responsibility of the IP. The injectors need to be matched to the injection lines. They have specific angles. The 6.2 injectors are physically shorter than the 6.5s.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My research seems to indicate that GEP is the "Big Guy" in the industry and then there are many other smaller outfits, such as Leroy and Bostic, who are following their lead by either reselling the GEP units or building/marketing their own rebuild units.
Would you be interested in a complete, hot rodded (by GEP) engine? It's never been installed or run, other than on GEP's dyno.

snowtrac nome

what do you want for your engine I see you are more out west than most folks I have a chevy k 20 that my wife has blown every motor I have put into it I would love to put in a new engine and drive it or liquidate it

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I threw that out there without even knowing what standard 6.5 GEP engines go for, so I'm open to offers.
In this case, your stock transmission may not be up for what this engine puts out (about 500 ft.-lbs. as I recall), but I also have a built 4L80E with an Atlas II that I no longer need.

cr125137

I installed the reman 6.5l optimizer longblock from bostic motors after being g talked out of a new one by Jeff. it didnt touch my chassis on my 95 k2500 until october of 2018. installed less than a year and 2000 miles on the reman engine and it throws a rod on cruise control with out ever having put a load in or on the truck! it happened on 9/20 and since engine was recieved 9/14 warranty was up by 6 days and they refuse to acknowledge the fact that it had a defect. the truck is only run in summer so after engine was installed it sat until April. april to September and it threw connecting rods. 6 1/2years experience ase certified diesel tech installed and they screwed me over with a junk engine and wont back it other than offering to sell me another one! Do not buy anything from bostic motors, sounds like a good deal and Jeff is a knowledgeable guy, but they will not stand behind their product and help their customers and are fine screwing them over. I'd buy elsewhere at all costs.

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear that your luck can be as bad as mine at times.
Anyway, I have a dynoed, 6.5 still sitting on its shipping pallet in case you're interested.

richingalveston

I did not buy from bostic but i bought a new one that had a head issue and they would not stand behind it either so from what i have found, new or used, there is no warranty on engines.

Rich

cr125137

Sorry to hear that your luck can be as bad as mine at times.
Anyway, I have a dynoed, 6.5 still sitting on its shipping pallet in case you're interested.
side mount? and I know this is possible anytime in the automotive field, but yes, constant bad luck

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's up front, as I recall. Need to pull the moving blankets off and refresh my memory.

I've gotten fairly used to my MO, which is two steps forward and three back. And not only when it comes to automotive stuff.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed the reman 6.5l optimizer longblock from bostic motors after being g talked out of a new one by Jeff. it didnt touch my chassis on my 95 k2500 until october of 2018. installed less than a year and 2000 miles on the reman engine and it throws a rod on cruise control with out ever having put a load in or on the truck! it happened on 9/20 and since engine was recieved 9/14 warranty was up by 6 days and they refuse to acknowledge the fact that it had a defect. the truck is only run in summer so after engine was installed it sat until April. april to September and it threw connecting rods. 6 1/2years experience ase certified diesel tech installed and they screwed me over with a junk engine and wont back it other than offering to sell me another one! Do not buy anything from bostic motors, sounds like a good deal and Jeff is a knowledgeable guy, but they will not stand behind their product and help their customers and are fine screwing them over. I'd buy elsewhere at all costs.
Because I started this thread I will chime in - Back in 2017 I had planned on purchasing one of Bostic Motors "remanufactured" 6.5 long blocks for my M1028 build, however by the time Jeff got through adding all the extra stuff he said I just had to have, the cost was going to be more than I thought it should be. And most folks who know me know I don't have an issue paying quality money for quality stuff. But then Jeff sorta got on his high horse with me on the phone and it turned me off. Very condescending and arrogant. So I hung up on him. Life is too short, don't need that crap. It was around the same time that LeRoy got ahold of a P400 long block straight from GEP and offered it to me. The price was higher than the whole package from Bostic and there would be no warranty on the P400, but hey - it was a new P400 longblock from GEP. I bought it, and for those of you who have been following my rebuild thread, For the past year or so I have been dressing the engine in preparation of installing it in my CUCV. I am glad I bought the P400 when I did, as I may have gotten one of the last ones forever.

My opinion - turn and run from Bostic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks