• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bostic Motors?

Donovan Lovold

Flu Farm, new to the site but was wondering about your engine.
My 97 K2500 lost oil pressure so I'm looking for a replacement. I want to go new, I went the re-man route like cr125137 with US Production engine and got screwed. Must have high schoolers building their engines, my 1st one lasted 1200 miles then something in the valve train broke. Sent it back (they made me pay freight), second one sounded like a solid lifter cam with massive blow-by and low compression in 3 holes leaking through the intake valve. Then had to put new Optimizer heads on it. Runs ok now but still has an annoying valve lifter ticking intermittently.
I gather it is a P400. What was the intended application? Will it connect directly to a factory 97 harness?
I understand the P400's need a different oil pan to fit into the C/K series pickups.
Can you e-mail me to talk about the engine and trans package?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was going into a K-20 Suburban ('73-'91), if that helps. PM me a phone number and we'll discuss this.

I may take a couple of cars to SoCal soon, if the weather cooperates. If so, there would be room on the trailer for an engine, trans, etc., too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks