• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One less MRAP player - for now?

Tanner

Protected Vehicles layoffs to be permanent?

From article:

"Protected Vehicles Inc. has told its employees that its closing is permanent and it is “unable to continue production operations.” "

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2007/dec/24/protected_vehicles_layoffs_be_permanent/

Heard rumor of this from my counterparts in SC area... now confirmed - rumors still abound that they will reorg... last visit there in November, I saw 8-10 hulls being fabbed & they were working on the Protector vehicle prototype; challenger to Force Protection's Cheetah -

"Tanner"

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I hope this gets resolved I know the MRAP is much better at protecting our Soldiers from IED's and I would like the US companies to keep open providing jobs to Americans. I was trying to get the Army to send more of the retrograded items back to America for small businesses to sort and rehab for USAR forces to use.

I could not get the link to open but the news is concerning

Tanner

As I understand it, Protected Vehicles was indebted to numerous suppliers, my old company included, and rival mfg across town having hit PVI with a lawsuit didn't help financial matters either. Rumor mill says that PVI had a group of investors in recently for discussion about a much-needed capital-infusion. The investors were taken for a spin in a PVI vehicle & got locked in the vehicle (on purpose or by accident - unknown) and the vehicle also brokedown on the road...

Tanner

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks