Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki M1030M1 Manuals

Private
    Thanks

Default Kawasaki M1030M1 Manuals

I have not been able to locate any manual (s) for the M1030M1 motorcycle. Does anyone know any source for the manual ? Does any one even know the TM number/numbers ? I am certain there must have been one provided with the bikes especially since the diesel motor and controls are like nothing most mechanics have ever seen. Any help would be appreciated.

Sergeant
    Thanks

I believe they were maintained by contract civilians. There weren't any TMs for the M1030B1s.

Private
    Thanks

I couldnít find any TMs for the B1. If any of you ever run across them, please let me know!

Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechEngr View Post
    I couldn’t find any TMs for the B1. If any of you ever run across them, please let me know!
    I couldn’t find any. As far as I know they were maintained by civilians. A regular klr650 service manual works. The wiring is a bit different as far as the black lights and switch are concerned.

Private
    Thanks

I did buy the civilian tech manuals after a few weeks of searching for the others.
    Thanks!!

Private
    Thanks

Who were the contract civilians that maintained the M1 models that Bradyw625 refers to ? Where did they get the needed information to maintain the diesel motor in the M1 Model ? For example what are the valve clearances , torque values etc ? What are the recommended service intervals for oil change , valve adjustment etc. What is the recommended battery ( standard KLR 650 batteries do not have the CCA required ) . Any information would be appreciated.

Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
    Who were the contract civilians that maintained the M1 models that Bradyw625 refers to ? Where did they get the needed information to maintain the diesel motor in the M1 Model ? For example what are the valve clearances , torque values etc ? What are the recommended service intervals for oil change , valve adjustment etc. What is the recommended battery ( standard KLR 650 batteries do not have the CCA required ) . Any information would be appreciated.
    The B1 and M1 are obviously different. Hayes Diversified Technology modified a civilian KLR to get the B1 and then modified those for the M1. They are currently out of business. Thatís the risk with the diesel M1. Lack of parts, lack of TMs, etc.

Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
    Its one of those you learn as you go. Pray nothing breaks internally.

If it does, its a one off part. Head gasket and all.

Private
    Thanks

Doc - 11 Aug 2019 - 18-54.pdf

Ok, here is a .PDF of Section 2 of the manual (yes, it does exist!). The link to download a bigger file size is at DieselBike.netís page on the M1030M1 under the Production heading.
    I only have Section 2 but you are welcome to it. It details the Starting procedure & how to bleed the fuel system of air plus standard motorcycle maintenance.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Torquepen; 08-18-2019 at 06:24. Reason: Added PDF of Section 2

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Torquepen For This Useful Post:

desmodromic (08-18-2019), glcaines (11-12-2019), M813rc (10-27-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Torquepen View Post
    Doc - 11 Aug 2019 - 18-54.pdf

Ok, here is a .PDF of Section 2 of the manual (yes, it does exist!). The link to download a bigger file size is at DieselBike.netís page on the M1030M1 under the Production heading.
    I only have Section 2 but you are welcome to it. It details the Starting procedure & how to bleed the fuel system of air plus standard motorcycle maintenance.

Enjoy!
    Excellent timing! I just drained the tank and installed the correct Odyssey battery. I am about to fire up my M1030 for the first time.

Thanks Torquepen !
    1986 M966
    1990 M997
    1993 M998
    1995 M1025A2 GMV x3
    1999 M1045A2
    1999 M1123A2
    2011 M1165
    1990 M923A2 x2
    1997 M1078
    2000 M1030 M1
    1984 MHE-270