• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Evidence" of certain M1009 mods before 1995

stahlfaust

Dear members,

I recently bought an M1009 6.2D from 1985. Currently I am working on deconstructing it, then sandblasting, fixing the body, paint job and rust proofing.

I thought that I could do some modifications to the car at the same time when reassembling.

But: To keep taxes and insurance in Germany low, I want an oldtimer assessment of the car, thus I need to prove that the modifications I made where done by others within the first ten years of the cars lifetime.

- Did anyone take a turbo from a 6.5 before 1995 and bolted it onto an M1009? Propably hard to get any evidence for.

- Did anyone swap axles to Dana60/14 bolt FF before 1995 on an M1009? Propably done quite frequently for offroad purposes. I just need some article or other proof I can show to the auditor

- Same for a 700r4 Mod in an M1009.

The Axles stuff woud be the most important. For the turbo, there are special rules that could apply (because the 6.5 motor swap would be legal anyway). The transmission could be changed without anyone noticing ;)

Any help would really be appreciated!

Gregor

Last edited:

stahlfaust

got it solved: Just phone trough several assessment guys until you find one that likes US cars and will accept all modifications without complex paperwork. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks