• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NDIX Fuel Line Fitting Removal

I'm in the process of getting my forward manifold replaced to take care of the infamous cracked manifold issue.

Need to take the carb off, any tips on removing the Fuel Fitting / Line from the NDIX Carb?

Soaking this in ATF/Acetone mix for about a day, still no luck in getting it to budge. Any special tools needed other than 2x 17mm wrenches?

oC68Lyv.jpg

FLU,

As with everything on this truck, working on one minor thing turns into a project. I tried two 17mm wrenches and it appears that fitting is permanently married to that fuel line and the screw fitting it's screwed onto. I inadvertently ended up twisting the fuel line thinking I was making progress, I twisted it back but it's definitely kinked now. Grrrr. I will need to replace that line.

It's a $45 steel line part, as if things could be just that easy, so happens that the fuel pump was replaced at some prior point (not by me) with a 12v electric pump. The non-metric hose bridging the fuel line to the pump has a slight leak in it (yes fuel dripping into engine bay, yikes! Looks like pressure out of the pump is greater than recommended PSi). The diaphragm pump was removed too (and it didn't come with the truck as a spare part) so I will need to replace it and put a new proper PSI electric pump out of the bottom of the main tank (Tenmogger referred to this in a post on this board somewhere). This will also let me clean up all the extra 12v wiring under my hood.

The entire fuel line is going to get updated to polyamide line and new banjo fittings. I still need to drop the fuel tanks and inspect them to see if they need recoating or replacing as well as remove and inspect (rebuild) or replace the carb. Unipaser and EI will be getting some parts orders from me this weekend.

Doesn't help that we have a Cat 1 Hurricane headed our way, Mog is going to get a thrashing in the driveway. Work will continue next weekend on it when I get all the parts in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks