• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715's Ancestor - Sold on GSA

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you see this marvel on GSA, 1963 J3000 sold today upwards of $7500. All the DNA of the M715 down to the Tornado engine. I can see how, after successfully marketing this truck and engine for YEARS, Jeep figured this platform would work great for the Army. I suspect the 5.87 gears coupled with freeway speeds caused the engine reliability issues. Amazes me what Uncle Sam still has in service here and there. Someone loved this truck.

Attachments

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have two J-200 Jeep pickups, 1964, styled like the one in the pictures, now retired. They had the Tornado motor in them. They were sensitive to tuning; keep everything up as it should be and they had very good power, especially with the two barrel carburetor. We used both on the farm, one also was used to pull a 21 foot camper up into Michigan from north central Indiana with no feelings of wanting more power. The other has a PTO running from the transfer to the back out the rear bumper for spreading fertilizer out of a PTO driven bulk buggy. An elevator owned it and used it that way for years before we got it. Sadly my son was run off the road with it cutting off a power pole, hit dead center. It happened about a mile from the farm so I took the Payloader over and lifted the truck off the pole stump to bring it home. It did a lot of damage, shoving the front back almost to the K-member, bending the front axle, totaling the truck but my son only had bruises. Seat belts work! The officer at the scene told my son he normally did not talk with the person in the vehicle that did what that Jeep did to the pole and my son walked away! Interesting how Kia is making what looks like a close copy of the 715. Even in the videos of the Kia truck showing it being driven it looks like it rides like the 715!! I personally prefer my M37 over it for general use.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
images.jpgjeep-j-12-concept-prototype-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-454649-s-original.jpgA couple of pictures of Jeeps new J-12 prototype. Probably doesn't have much in common with an M-715/Gladiator under the skin, but on the outside she sure looks like one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks