• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tobyhanna Army Depot, PA

BadRobot

I have to pick up a shelter at Tobyhanna Army Depot, PA. I have a couple questions.
1. Will do I need a sponsor to get a pass to get in? If I do need one, will GL provide one?
2. There is any commercial or truck gate? Since I have to pull a trailer. Some visitor center does not allow trailer in the area.

Greatly appreciate for inside info you may have.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I highly suggest you seek a regular person up there to get it for you if possible. Not saying it is impossible but if you are going, I would contact GL directly and ensure you have every i dotted and every t crossed.

Might want to talk to Hawkman and see what he does.

dougco1

I picked up a gen-set trailer a few months back through the federal surplus program for our municipality. It took two hours to get out of the visitors center and I felt like I was from a third world nation. Make sure you have at least two forms of ID: enhanced drivers license, birth certificate SS card etc. A sponsor from GL and a call to the base to see what else is needed wouldn't hurt.

BadRobot

I picked up a gen-set trailer a few months back through the federal surplus program for our municipality. It took two hours to get out of the visitors center and I felt like I was from a third world nation. Make sure you have at least two forms of ID: enhanced drivers license, birth certificate SS card etc. A sponsor from GL and a call to the base to see what else is needed wouldn't hurt.
I have a question. Does Tobyhanna army depot have truck or commercial gate? I know Ft. Digg and Ft. Bragg do. They won't let truck with a trailer go through visitor center.

Thank you for your info. It is a big help.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Their main entrance is the truck entrance.

Coordinate heavily with GL and if you work for the government and have a clearance...no matter what the level...it won't matter, you will still feel the love.

fasttruck

The last time I went to TOAD, also to pick up shelters, Follow msigns from X2 on I380 to Pa611 to main gate. Interact with the friendly guards there. Get pass, proceed 500' or so ands turn left to a second gate. See guard in there. Pass through this gate, go to top of hill, turn left and site is down the street on the left. Have copy of pick-up order with you. Appointment, as I recall, is required. Call GL rep on site for hours etc. Many sites are not attended every day. They loaded three shelters for me with a forklift. If you are not on soembody's terrorist watch list you should even tually get through.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks