• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 10kw 400Hz generator MEP-813A + MEP-1041

TheAlfredo

So make one. It's not hard, dosnt need to be looking like a corvette. I am sure someone will take a few measurements for you.
I thought about that..I still have the "hinge" it goes on. I only mentioned it on here because someone said they had an 813 they were going to part out. I'm going to trouble shoot this gen a few more days...if I can't get it going properly, I'll sell it and look for the next.

But thank you. Most people here have been very helpful.

millerm13

Made my cover from a $20 8 mil tarp. Size of the final cover was 63 long, 33 wide, 36 tall. Fit is tight enough I don't think I need to tie it down. Note, I do not trailer the unit, it is coming off the trailer soon.
DSCF1344.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
I thought about that..I still have the "hinge" it goes on. I only mentioned it on here because someone said they had an 813 they were going to part out. I'm going to trouble shoot this gen a few more days...if I can't get it going properly, I'll sell it and look for the next.

But thank you. Most people here have been very helpful.
I don't think you have a big problem with your gen set. It's probably a fuel delivery problem. But you need to start using the troubleshooting diagram. Start there, and then if it's no help, you have at least isolated the problem. You can take some things out of the equation.

TheAlfredo

I read the trouble shooting. It's very basic. Things I had already checked. GMG had a post on their website stating a generator with the same issue...they stated to check the screens in the fuel filters and compression st the individual injectors. Someone else said to check a check valve that is after the fuel pumps.

Im hoping it's something simple and not damaged rings or injector.

millerm13

Took an 8 mil tarp 10 x 12 and cut a pattern out. Should have used a 12x12 because I had to leave the grommet edge on one side. After cutting the skirt, cut a top that was 63 x 33 and sewed the pieces together with a sewing machine with heavy nylon thread. I am not a suit maker, but I think it will last a couple of years until the sun bakes it. Then just have to make another one. Cost was about $20.00.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
The parts units are still selling for big money.

Are there that many people with home radar systems?

stugpanzer

I am shocked at the high prices these are going for. It would be nice for the engine or some of the case parts if the price was more reasonable. I wonder how many people have fried their electronics and NOT reported in here to let us know.......

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
saw that, the 8xx have jumped up (was buying an 831) - did wonder what hey are doing with them (the 400hz units)? as other post have stated and as one guy posted today, where some one bought over ten units, i thing some business are refurbing or re-tasking them for resale.

Last edited:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could they be salvaging out the engines and usable bits and scrapping the rest?

I've seen those engines (LPW4) sell for several thousand dollars setup for marine duty.

Triple Jim

I wonder how many people have fried their electronics and NOT reported in here to let us know.......
Actually, things like computer equipment that have switching power supplies might run fine on 400 Hz. The first thing the power supply does is rectify the AC to DC, and the rectifier won't care that the frequency is higher than usual.

dlettsome

Check the emergency stop still no power, pushed back in the DC breaker & still nothing, cranks over fine using the "Dead Crank Switch". Unless the DC breaker is faulty on both units, I'm a bit puzzled

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks