• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Lubbock, TX

Bbcjake95

Just sayin hey, got an old m1009, that turned out to be a much bigger project than intended. Diesel k5 has been a dream truck for many years though, and plan to eventually build an adventuring rig. Good sound system, custom console with a swivel mount ipad or something of the sort to control head unit, rvs birds eye camera system, for treacherous trails...:twisted: espar hydronic heater, had one on the truck when i bought it, but the unit died, and all the other good stuff. I'll probably have a few questions along the way, and browsing over your forums yall seem to be pretty helpful and knowledgeable.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Welcome from Mass! Also have a 1009 in the family, great truck, and yes this site has been very helpful!

On another note when I was in Germany in the early 70's one of our friends was from Lubbock, his name was Rany ...., Sad part we didn't stay in touch, wish we did!

Good luck with your M1009.

Rick

Bbcjake95

Randy? I may know him actually. Theres a Vet that volunteers here at the museum i work at in midland. Gonna be moving back to lubbock soon though, and thats home, thats why i put it as my location lol. Anyways, i dont know if he was deployed to germany or during what period, but hes old enough to have been active duty in the early 70s. Also know another guy that was deployed in germany for a while, but i think he was in in the 80s, names rodger.

Bbcjake95

Welcome to the site and hobby. Post up some pictures and the progress of your work as it proceeds.
Yeah, I definitely will. I plan on doing a pretty thorough build, once i get it up and together and reliable, i think im gonna go with a usaf themed paint scheme, cause I have a lot of family thats served in the af. Strata blue as the primary color, white trim, like the grill and bumpers and interior accents, and im debating on whether to leave the top painted white like it is, or do it strata blue, so i can put some yellow racing stripes down the middle. only thing is then it looks like the blue angels, which is navy. I mean i love the blue angels paint scheme, but that would kinda muddy the theme, so im not totally sure what ill do there. I suppose ill leave it white first and get opinions, and maybe integrate the yellow elsewhere. I dont want to do like I've seen people on here with old jeeps and deuce and a halfs, where they do the lettering in yellow, because number one ive never served, and two, I dont want it to have a full blown military look. also ill probably be doing a 6.5 turbo top end swap, because i have one in a pickup that spun a main. May swap the nv4500 from it in too, depends on how well i like the th400. On a side note, anyone here dealt with military trucks, or hillbilly wizard, and have some insight for one over the other. bigger items will almost surely come from mt, since hes in texas.

Maverick1701

Did you make the move to Lubbock? A few of us lubbock MV-ers have a facebook group chat going & just met for an MV lunch. If you are in the area we would love to add you to the chat & have you join us next time

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks