Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Duuane's M135 repower thread

Thanks

Bahhh..woke up to a foot of fresh snow in the yard this morning 8-Z

Thanks

Ok so i managed to dodge the rain long enough to pour the rust treatment in the cylinders of the 302 today..vavles are still stuck solid so i wont get full roration out of it but it should at least move..may have to take the head off and work the valves ..then put it back and re treat..it took just inder a gallon of solution including spillage.

Ill try and take some more boroscope pics in a day or 2

Thanks

Well..weather and work took care of my free time and i managed to leave the treatment in for 10 days or so..

Limited joy...the full gallon made it past the rings into the pan..but its still stuck as ****..ill take some bore-o-scope pics tomorrow and either pour it back in for a second round or if i have time ill peel the head off and have a look..its a shame..theres a rebuild tag on the side of the block...i have a feeling things went wrong with this one..more than just frozen from sitting..
    The Doctor Is in..and he recomends..AMPUTATION.

Thanks

After soaking mine for almost 2 months and taking the head off. I recommended for you anyway...if its that stuck if it gets unstuck it still needs boring...or just use it to take care of mosquitos.....if they can even survive up there! But mine was still stuck it was the lifters 3 were frozen solid...those came out she rotated! Made it real easy to unbolt 1944MB's transmission!

But wait!! The title says
    Duuane's RePower thread...seems like it was in the plans from the start or are you just trying to trick us! LOL!!!!
    Last edited by gentrysgarage; 04-21-2018 at 00:19. Reason: sp3llin'
    03-1943 g-7123 COE 4x4 REG# 3219442
    02-1952 M135 w/winch REG# 41144752
    My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiU...7Zp-jBw/videos

Thanks

Hahah..you are observant! No tricks..just had luck freeing up a couple of engines with this product..but like you said theres always more to jam up besides the rings..cam and lifters are an excellent next step for sure..usually when an engine hangs up there you can get a little backlash on the crank..this one iiiiiiiis solid..3 valves stuck down and pushrods not in the right place..not bent but definately not on top of the lifter..i like to spend time as time allows to autopsy the carnage before beginning a rebuild.
    I think i have the right part number for the flywheel housing and flywheel i need..but i think there may be a clearance issue to the front axle upper torque rod..measurements will be taken tomorrow...i need to make sure the sae2 stuff will make it in...if not..it may instigate the dreaded "Plan B"..
    Stay tuned..

Thanks

Ok..I'm bumping this up in anticipation of actually making some more progress digging deeper into the guts of the beast and easier to post some pics.

Thanks

Made it home with the 1200r20's today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3