• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug light

Veentje

Hai everyone,

First of all I’m sorry for my bad english.

Ive got an 4wd blazer cucv, 1984.
When i will startup my diesel the waith light Will pop-Up but it never goes off automatic.

I have the light blue wire from controllcard hooked up to the ground with a temporarely switch between it.

I just want to use the light if its possible..
Hope you Guys could help.

Grtz Jorn

dependable

There is a member of this forum, antennaclimber, who sells an improved version of the glow plug circuit card, in the larger black plastic box under the dash. From your symptoms, it is likely yours is bad.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like your glow plug card is bad.

Are there any other CUCV trucks near you that you could swap out a working card to see if the issue may be in the M1009?

You can continue to use the bypass switch without any issues but make sure the card is not keeping the glow plug relay closed all the time.

sneekyeye

You can wire the glow plug controller and the wait light using a double pole single throw switch. I installed a double pole single throw switch to replace the one that was in it on mine. Now when you hit the glow plug switch the wait light also comes on. The wait light gets a constant 12v, all you have to do is ground the 'DK BLU' wire that comes off of it to turn the light on when you turn the glow plugs on.

If you are planning on replacing the original glow plug controller, I wouldn't hack into the wiring in the dash though.

Last edited:

Jack Lope

I had a capacitor fall off my glow plug card. My symptoms were different, but wouldn't hurt to take a look at yours. I was able to solder it back on. Unlikely yours is the same, but won't hurt to check and see if it's something you can fix... assuming it's the card.

Veentje

I think my controllercard fried out..
Ive checked everything but the card doesnt Give the signal to burn or ether stop burning to the glowplugs and relay.
I already hooked up my GP to a switch.
Maybe i Will hook up my wait light to the switch or i Will take the bulb out.

Thank you so much for responding.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replace the card.
As mentioned, brand new improved ones are available for a good price.
That’s a whole lot easier than slicing up the wiring harness.

sneekyeye

If you do put the light on the switch, make sure you have a two pole switch to keep the circuits completely separate. Otherwise the wait light circuit will trigger the glow plugs constantly.

Veentje

If you do put the light on the switch, make sure you have a two pole switch to keep the circuits completely separate. Otherwise the wait light circuit will trigger the glow plugs constantly.
Thats a good one! Thnx for the info..
For now on ive got a switch for my gp and remove the bulb for a while

Maybe i Will look for an new improved controller.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks