• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there any way to decipher bumper/hood numbers??

6Gears

Hello, I am new here and just bought a M211 (I think). I don't have it home yet (2 hours away) and I am just trying to find out more about it. Where do I find the vin number on one of these trucks? Can anybody help with the bumper numbers (47-747 MY) and the hood numbers (??535). Has US ARMY on the hood. Thanks a bunch, Brian

lacoda56

Hi there;
There's an excellent article in Military Vehicles Magazine, [Issue # 91, June 2002] on Vietnam era vehicle markings by David Doyle. The VIN or serial no. on your truck should be on the right side of the dash on a metal plate approx. 5"X6". If this plate is missing, the s.n., at least on most other trucks, is stamped in the left frame rail near the steering gear. It may be as few as four digits, and not the current production seventeen. The hood number is the registration number of the truck and the bumper numbers refer to the command, unit and vehicle number[order of march]. Hope this helps a little.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks