• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any interest in custom dual center seat mounts?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered some military seats with built-in seatbelts off of eBay for $170 each shipped. The guy has 2 pairs left.

I'm designing up a mounting adapter plate, and after some stress analysis probably some brackets that anchor the plate into the seat belt bolt holes in the body. This would let you seamlessly replace the center seat with a pair of those military seats. I'm guessing that the cost of the mount, which includes machining it and powdercoating it, will be around $550+shipping ($100?). Would anyone want one while I have mine made? It would be easy to make two more.

This would mostly be for children, as the seats are a few inches higher than the stock seat, and I am only about 1" off the ceiling while sitting on it (I'm 6'2").

LMTVDualSeatMount.png

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seats are on eBay. Search for "Military Vehicle Truck Seat w/ Seat Belt Restraint RG-31 GLOBAL SEATING Systems". $120 + $50 shipping each (I'm not the seller). You would get those seats (separately), and they would bolt up to this plate I'm having made.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still some of those seats left on eBay. I had these seats for a couple months before I realized one of the seat belt retractors was damaged in shipping. No replacement retractors are easily available, and I tried one that is floating around on eBay but it is the passenger side and so locks itself because it is tipped the wrong way when installed. I'll be buying another seat to get the retractor off it. I can technically use the LMTV's built in seat belt for the passenger side of the two seats, in the meantime.

Anyway, here are pictures of the completed mount. I still have to get it powder coated (OD green), but I'm waiting to do that until I finish making a bracket that holds the rear two corners down to the original seat belt anchor points on the side of the engine tunnel (down in by the back corners of the tool boxes).

LMTVDualSeatMounts1.jpg
LMTVDualSeatMounts2.jpg
LMTVDualSeatMounts3.jpg

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I don't really care. I'm not actually trying to get "interest", as in I'm not selling these things for profit or anything. I merely saw they had more seats and was offering someone who wanted dual seats the opportunity not to have to do a bunch of work to measure, design, and source this stuff themselves.

Frankly, I'm not really convinced the other things people have made are safe, and would withstand the force of an crash well. I'm not putting my kids in those things.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks