• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S&S M1078 registration in Europe

stefan vanhee

Hello, does anyone have some experience registering M1078 trucks in Europe? We get a SF97 document, which counts as previous registration. However, we need a COC (Certificate of Conformity) to register them in Belgium for eg. We were planning on using two good working M1078 as service trucks in quarries, but without COC no chance. Any europeans here who can share their experience in this matter? if not, I have two nice M1078 for sale ... which would be a shame as they run so nicely.

Chism

Hello, does anyone have some experience registering M1078 trucks in Europe? We get a SF97 document, which counts as previous registration. However, we need a COC (Certificate of Conformity) to register them in Belgium for eg. We were planning on using two good working M1078 as service trucks in quarries, but without COC no chance. Any europeans here who can share their experience in this matter? if not, I have two nice M1078 for sale ... which would be a shame as they run so nicely.
Find two dead Steyr 12m18s as ID donors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmetalmiki

These trucks do not have a civilian conformity standard. Or if they do, it's an American one, and no use to you.
Some people have put these trucks on the road as registered..You CAN 'put anything on the road'..But, YOU have to make the vehicle (then) 'Conform' to the required standard.
The E.U. standard at minimum, would require alteration to lights, (including Height!), Seat belts and mountings. Maybe seats, maybe windscreen glass. Brakes are are a whole other issue for
(up to) testing and plating requirements. And then the suspension comes into it as well.
People have done this, but at GREAT expense and labour etc.
Depending on the "CLASS" you intend to use in (and for), the plating requirements change yet again.
You will see vehicles running around not too much altered of the later military years, Usually in the military, Show, Historic, education and ' Camper', 'motor home' or display class.
All the above do require testing and plating, and are subject to applicable road levy fees etc.
Commercial?..(I'd say) Forget it. soz...just my 1/2 penne'th. But good luck.

Reworked LMTV

Where did the trucks come from? Were they exempt previously?

I'd try to bribe someone with beer, or whatever :p and get it registered as a Donut Delivery truck.

Last edited:

stefan vanhee

I am a happy man, first S&S M1078 registered EVER in the Netherlands. We are on the road, as a normal truck!
By the way, I have a second truck for sale...

stefan vanhee

If anybody is looking for a 100% roadworthy M1078 with registration and valid technical inspection, I have one for sale.
With the belgian registration, you can register anywhere in Europe.

Guyfang

Staff member
I would have to see it to believe it. I wanted to do a Yamaha 950 midnight star here, U.S. specs. Used, $7,500.00 with less then 700 miles. It was cheaper to buy a brand new 1300 Midnight star here in Germany.

Juanri23

I'm in the same hole, i have an m1078 in NL and i try to register it in spain but it's a kind of imposible, i am talking with RDW in NL, there is a way makins an individual registration passin an exam in RDW station, and after ask about t'he temporally license plate to export, but i'm not from NL and i'm trying to find someone to help me in this case. By Other way i find a company in england who can pick up the truck with temporally license plates from england and go there legalize it and then make the export papers to Spain, if you want send me a message and i give the contact but its a kind of expensive, i don't know if i can give prices Here about this i can tell you the contact and ask,.
Also if you finally find a way can tell me please? Maybe i can use it to not expent too much Money. Thank you everybody

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can get u dutch registration with export papers ,temp licenses plates & insurance to drive it to Spain no problem. With these papers you should be able to import it to Spain. I already registrated many LMTV’s in Holland and Germany .

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't believe that you can transport it to whatever country and "it will be done quite easy there". Once you are there in front of their office, you'll find out that nothing is possible and everything is expensive. The best way is getting Dutch papers through the RDW. Once you have those, it should be OK for the entire EU.

In my case, I was lucky that I did not have ANY papers and a very friendly supportive RDW station for my 5-ton 1973 M51A2 dump truck. In the end, they re-stamped the serial number in the chassis and gave me a type-approval registration with "kenteken" valid for the entire EU. Biggest problem were the placement of the front and back lights, side marking and hitch. Total administrative costs around 250 EUR. What helped it that in the Netherlands, a truck has to follow the rules in power when it was manufactured. For more modern trucks, the rules will be stricter, but since the original is an Austrian truck, it should not be that problematic to change it.

You might try commerce-trucks as last dutch option. Probably not cheap but they know all the things there is to know.

Don't go the UK way, that probably will raise the costs with unsure results (and don't forget Brexit, you don't want your truck ending up in limbo).

Guyfang, ever thought to register the toys in the Netherlands and then change it for German plates? Might be easier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks