• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vaccum pump for 6.2l

tbearatkin

The pump(rebuilt) is still available from NAPA. The local carquest owner was happy to help out. The first (distributor gasket did not fit) so he started going through his gaskets. He said this part of the job was more satisfying then just pulling a part that the computer said was the right part. He did find two O-rings. Should I use the thicker one or the thinner one? I am concerned the thick one will not allow the gear to properly seat when installed. Resized_20190413_095031.jpgResized_20190413_095027.jpg

cucvmule

collector of stuff
The pump(rebuilt) is still available from NAPA. The local carquest owner was happy to help out. The first (distributor gasket did not fit) so he started going through his gaskets. He said this part of the job was more satisfying then just pulling a part that the computer said was the right part. He did find two O-rings. Should I use the thicker one or the thinner one? I am concerned the thick one will not allow the gear to properly seat when installed. View attachment 760977View attachment 760976
I have never seen a o-ring used for the pump drive housing gasket. I would think the rubber would split when compressed when you tighten pump housing. Maybe not, but would like to know if the o-ring works. I would make one with gasket material first. Good Luck

cucvrus

Am I all out in the stratosphere with my Permatex The Right Stuff? It works quick and never leaks. That simple. A small bead around the base where the driver hits the block attach the M10 bolt tighten it and done. That easy. I would be more concerned with the air filter base gasket being in place. Good Luck.

tbearatkin

I have never seen a o-ring used for the pump drive housing gasket. I would think the rubber would split when compressed when you tighten pump housing. Maybe not, but would like to know if the o-ring works. I would make one with gasket material first. Good Luck
So far so good no leaks and it appears to be working. Daily driver again. Shift is so smooth now, even more than before the pump failed.

Ollin2

Hi toxicroadkill ,does the Ford Pod realy works? I'm from Germany and at the moment in the states , so i can buy here a new one and it will be annoying if the Pod doesn't fit if i am at home.

ssdvc

Does anyone know if the Cardone Select 90-1024 Ford Pump POD will work on our 6.2's?

toxicroadkill

yes, unbolt the pod, and it will bolt right up to the stalk from the 6.2's

those actually work better than the stock ones, since they pump on both strokes, not one as the stock ones do

the output nipple is also angled to the side a bit, which helps clear the air cleaner better also, all in all, they work much better than the stock ones, been running one on a m1009 for several years, with absolutely no issues.

i would highly suggest replacing all the vac lines when you replace it, they tend to collapse and rot from age..dont forget the one on the trans vac modulator also

Last edited:

muttly

Delphi NLVP 1697 is the part number I find. I can not find one is stock. Any one have a stash of NOS?
I replaced my vacuum pump last year with a re-manufactured Cardone #64-1008 and it is still working well. I believe it is for a ford engine but it is the same pump on a different pump drive. Just remove the screws that hold the pump onto the ford drive, attach it to your drive and discard the two extra screws. They are available on E bay from $70.00 up. I did some shopping and got mine for $35.00

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks