• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 series title, Mississippi / MS

ShdSteel

Hi everyone.

So I have had quite an interesting adventure so far after purchasing my first 5 ton through a small town sheriffs department. To avoid going into detail, Ill just say they had a messy incomplete SF97 and an invalid bill of sale. So at this point I ended up getting a rewritten bill of sale that was notarized. Is it just viable now to go and get a bonded title and register my truck that way? I live in Mississippi in case that matters. After I get my bonded title, must I have to worry about the incomplete SF97 at all? Thanks in advance for the responses.

Last edited by a moderator:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hi everyone.

So I have had quite an interesting adventure so far after purchasing my first 5 ton through a small town sheriffs department. To avoid going into detail, Ill just say they had a messy incomplete SF97 and an invalid bill of sale. So at this point I ended up getting a rewritten bill of sale that was notarized. Is it just viable now to go and get a bonded title and register my truck that way? I live in Mississippi in case that matters. After I get my bonded title, must I have to worry about the incomplete SF97 at all? Thanks in advance for the responses.
Check with csmdavis. He is in hattiesburg and would know best. If not i can get you a legal tennessee title to transfer to mississippi for $200

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

check58

Call your tax collector's office, and have them walk you through it all. I'm more concerned that the S.O didn't already have a title on the vehicle. Did they tell you where they got it from?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its a DLA item. It also has a vin discrepancy vs what the paperwork says and whats on the dash. Its weird. He is going to find the frame # today and it will all be taken care of. It was a truck from the Jacksonville AFB in Little Rock but it went thru RSMS at one point I believe at Camp Shelby judging by some things it has on it.

Last edited:

check58

So was it a seizure being sold, or was it actually possessed by the local government? I ask because, we have to jump through several hoops when one of these vehicles are received. The state usually handles the titling on these trucks before they are distributed to the local government. I say all of this on the assumption that he bought it from a Mississippi agency.

Ssgt cornbread

I have a m944a1 that was just given to my by my resent late father in law he never titled it and we cant find the paperwork on it anywhere all we know is he bought it off ebay many many years ago how can I get a sf97 so I can registered this thing I live in south ms.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have a m944a1 that was just given to my by my resent late father in law he never titled it and we cant find the paperwork on it anywhere all we know is he bought it off ebay many many years ago how can I get a sf97 so I can registered this thing I live in south ms.
You only need a bill of sale in Mississippi to get a title on a truck as old as ours

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only the person who originally purchased the vehicle can get an SF-97.

Ssgt cornbread

Thank you, but after speaking to DMV yesterday they said cause its never been registered they need ownership trail all the way from when the government sold it. That was from a man that has passed to my father in law that now has passed to me.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thank you, but after speaking to DMV yesterday they said cause its never been registered they need ownership trail all the way from when the government sold it. That was from a man that has passed to my father in law that now has passed to me.
Talk with csmdavis. He is down your way. He can get it handled for you

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks