• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there any other Paint Recommended besides Behr?

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey All, back about 6 years ago, my dad and I painted our m1008 with behr olive green paint mixed from the paint codes listed here on SS. Been really satisfied with it, after 6 years of sitting in the sun and etc, it has faded a little bit. But other than that, it has held up great.

Now we're looking to paint his M35A2 which he also bought back 6 years ago, and we went through front to back, and also added many custom items and mods etc. As unfortunately he is going to need to sell it, and we all know that no matter how good a shape an MV is in... like any other vehicle if it needs painted it going to drop the offer price way low....
He needs the money to buy another "daily driver" type vehicle, as we are having some issues with our M1008, which could take it out of commission for a while, and its our only vehicle currently. He needs something similar to a Jeep Grand Wagoneer. As he has to have four wheel drive due to where we live, but since we have a truck already, he wants some type of 4 door.

Anyway, back to the deuce. It looked ok back 6 years ago, I did touch up a bit of it. But now the original camo CARC is faded pretty badly, a little bit of surface rust on the hood etc. I really wanted to paint it back in the summer, just kept having one thing after another come up so i didn't get to it. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it this winter, but I need to come up with a way, as we definitely don't have the cash to pay someone to paint it.

In any case, the closest town that we go to (...twice in 3 years?) that has a home depot is about 70 miles from us, one way. I hate to go all that way just to get a few gallons of paint...

So I was wondering if anyone has tried any other types of exterior "house" paint on their MV that has held up well?

Or if there is any other types of paint that is moderately priced, which is recommended?

As always, Any input is Appreciated!

Thanks All

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks