• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a3 trailer build

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, good deal. I've been told mine is an A2 but it's not. I put the CUCV tires on it. It has the wider fender spacing and stepped axle. I really love the composite lights added to the topper on yours. Might copy that.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the panel doors on the CL trailer. Too cool. Looking forward to adding the lights.

gomarkc

Thank you for the photos of your trailer build project. Impressive work and appreciated! I am considering doing something similar and are there more photos and/or recommendations you can share? Are there any things you would do differently now that you have had some history of use of your build out?

BUGOUT2

Hello gomarkc, I have not had the trailer out on any camping trip yet. I have two young sons and I want to make sure it is complete before taking it out.
The pictures of the pullout kitchen are from the Web I will have one made to fit the opening that I have made in the trailer. There is a shop that makes stainless steel tool boxes that will make one for me as a pull out kitchen.

Last edited:

gomarkc

Thanks, if you would please keep me posted on your pull out stainless gas stove and sink....I think that will be great addition. Also, did you make the top for your trailer? Is it aluminum, steel or wood? If so, did you make from plans or just winged it? My military trailer M105A3 came with canvas top and I am considering changing it. Any other changes/additions to your camping trailer you are considering?

BUGOUT2

gomarkc... the top is a Reading work truck topper, everything I have done to it is " AS I GO " plus I search youtube and other sites like pintrest for ideas. I am still learning how to weld so my welds are not so pretty.

gomarkc

Reading Truck Cap

Hi, thanks for the heads up on reading truck cap. I have been looking for one but hard to find up here in Seattle area so far.
Did yours come with your trailer or did you add it?
Did you need to modify much to get it to fit correctly?
Was it aluminum or steel?
Funny you mentioned welding. I just finished a couple of quarters at local trade school on learning how to weld...so looking forward to welding projects.
Regards,
Mark

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same steel topper on my trailer. It bolted right on. It's steel so it weighs a bit. I'd guess about 300#. I love mine. The trailer has a very small solar panel and an 8AH battery to run LED lights in the back. They are quite useful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks