• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a3 trailer build

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been following along with you, very nice camp trailer. Have you decided on what type of water seal you're going to use for the side doors?

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job. I really enjoy these build threads, seeing people’s solutions to problems and different ideas. So many ways to skin a cat!

BUGOUT2

Its kind of a slow build due to raising a 10 and 7 year old on my own. I try to do a little every weekend when I have the time and money.
I am 57 years old my kids and my project keep me young and happy.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ironically, I’m working on a similar rack for my 101A2 today. Cut and bent the uprights this morning. Was considering notching them just now, but, coffee and internet sounded better.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That one looks more like an 1101, my favorite trailer. I think the 1101 would make a good base for a camper nice wide trailer, tall enough to strap tanks to the bottom. The frame is bulletproof, rustproof, suspension is great. It’s only a smidge heavier than a 101 too, and that can be remedied fairly easily. The guys at Expo act like the 1101 weighs a ton and needs a tank to pull it.

Those pics are great. Implementing the plan$ is the fun part!

The Expo site has cost me more non-recoupable money than this site. At least the stuff I bought because of SS has a solid resale value. I guess that stuff does too. I’m just running in the wrong circles. Or maybe I’m just running in circles?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the little pillow blocks the side doors pivot on, welded in place? Mine appear to be welded. Your project is really taking shape.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what you mean by pillow blocks.
Not sure what they are actually called. The little doodads that your doors pivoted on. I see a hole where they might have been. Mine look like this.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks