• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA Convention (2018) - Louisville, KY

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I was kind of surprised that I only found one thread about the MVPA convention this year in Louisville.

The wife and I just registered and I booked the rooms months ago for this event. Hope to see more replies from people that are planning on attending this event.

Bert

Wire Fox

I'll actually be trying to volunteer there. My MVPA chapter is going to try to support the Kilroy chapter as much as we can for this convention. I've been volunteering at entertainment conventions and expos for almost a decade now, so it only makes sense to try my hand at helping the MVPA!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m pretty sure I’ll attend. Gives me a good excuse to drive into the ‘natti for some skyline. Maybe even a cassano’s pizza.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thread's been quiet for a while, so bump for awareness. It was a great event last time it was in Louisville, lots of neat vehicles on display plus lots of parts and stuff.

Would it be appropriate to have a parts thread?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All booked up with airfare and hotel. Ready to go. Hope to hook up with some SS members.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a handle on parking fees? I have heard different stories about costs.

Bert
The KY Expo Center is set up to host multiple events at the same time, so the parking is handled by the Center rather than the organization hosting the event. The information on the Expo Center website should be reliable. You can pay at the gate, or purchase in advance online:

http://www.kyfairexpo.org/Permit.html

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The KY Expo Center is set up to host multiple events at the same time, so the parking is handled by the Center rather than the organization hosting the event. The information on the Expo Center website should be reliable. You can pay at the gate, or purchase in advance online:

http://www.kyfairexpo.org/Permit.html

Yep same on the MVPA convention link 8000 parking spaces are available for general parking at $8.00 a day.

67Beast

Yep, I have everything booked and will be bringing down my M715 and my buddy is bringing his M37 for display. I'll be wandering through all the vendors trying to figure out what items I just can't live without!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Fair Grounds is right across the high way (264) from the airport. Quick cab ride or a half mile car ride. Google map it and you'll get a good idea.
You can't walk though.
JC

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should we wear something to identify S.S. Members? This way we can find each other in the crowds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks