• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement CTIS pressure switch

Smokinyoda

Has anyone found a substitute for the air pressure switch that mounts to the wet tank and allows CTIS to begin airing tires? I am unable to find a replacement through the usual places.

Its number 12 in the picture.
Part # 12417381
NSN # 5930-01-372-9484

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Eaton number is 599959 . Shown to be about $132 from certain suppliers with cage codes. They show stocks of them. You would have to put a request out.

Nothing found on ebay or even general google for sales. Other than the eaton price of $360.

http://www.computerlocators.com/295109/price-$132/599959.html

Smokinyoda

These trucks are turning out to be the most expensive ones Ive owned yet, and I thought humvee parts where high! I figured a new switch would be around $40 or $50 on ebay, never dreamed it would be over $100.

I've also been trying to find a simple door latch and prices on those range from $75-$100!!!

Attachments

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many wires are on it? Did you jump it out to verify that it's bad? I'm guessing it is a Normally open switch that closes around 120. It shouldn't be hard to substitute.

Smokinyoda

How many wires are on it? Did you jump it out to verify that it's bad? I'm guessing it is a Normally open switch that closes around 120. It shouldn't be hard to substitute.
3 wires go to it, but I think only 2 are used. I did jump it out and CTIS started working. Also took it off and pressurized it with 110 psi from my shop and using a multimeter it never closed.

Yeah I figured it would be easy enough to find a substitute, just wanted to see if someone already had. Someone else suggested a switch off a 939 series truck should work so may go that route as well.

I also just recieved an offer on a good used one, but with my luck it would quit working a week after I installed it!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Lmtv builds air pretty fast. Bypass the switch. You can put a toggle switch in the cab if you want control or switch power to the ctis system.

Smokinyoda

Problem solved! After reading the post of another member where he mentioned having to turn his governor up to 28 psi to get switch to work, I also tried it. It worked, for now. Maybe switch is failing and that's why it needed more pressure to close. Regardless it bought me some time. And I'm happy to report the CTIS system works flawlessly. I had been checking tire pressure for last couple weeks so knew no leaks there. Looks like this truck is going to be a keeper. Now to find a stupid door latch so my door will actually stay closed!

hobbicam

Smokinyoda, I got the same exact symptoms as you had described.. I also jump the 2 pins and my CTIS started working also. Where is the governor to turn up to 28psi? Thanks in advance,

Update: nevermind.. quick look a the compressor and found it.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will add this to my other posting. The pressure sensor is available thru TruckPro or any spicer/dana distributor. Thru the part number shows. Their warehouse shows to have 51 of them in stock as of today.

Attachments

Burly17

need me to post that number for you as well?
Hi simp, what is the PN for the pressure switch if you know it? I believe that is the part I need- not the one on the PCU. would help me out huge if its not too much trouble to ask.

thanks!
also, as a supporting vendor do you have a link for your store you can share?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hi simp, what is the PN for the pressure switch if you know it? I believe that is the part I need- not the one on the PCU. would help me out huge if its not too much trouble to ask.

thanks!
also, as a supporting vendor do you have a link for your store you can share?
Any dana supplier. Such as truckpro or heavy parts place can get it.

599959 is the part number

Attachments

Burly17

Any dana supplier. Such as truckpro or heavy parts place can get it.

599959 is the part number

Thanks! that looks like it. I have a few places calling back with pricing since it is not a regularly stocked item. I imagine the signal it sends back to the computer has to operate at specific level based off of PSI but do you know if there is a way to cross reference this PN to see if there is a compatible replacement from another make? preliminary pricing I got was $350.... geesh.

Ronmar

Thanks! that looks like it. I have a few places calling back with pricing since it is not a regularly stocked item. I imagine the signal it sends back to the computer has to operate at specific level based off of PSI but do you know if there is a way to cross reference this PN to see if there is a compatible replacement from another make? preliminary pricing I got was $350.... geesh.
The contacts close at 117 PSI and stay closed till the pressure falls to 89PSI.. basically when closed it tells CTIS it has air in the wet tank to work with. when open it tells CTIS it has expended all the air in the wet tank as the CTIS supply is cutoff at 85 PSI by the protection valve(regulator looking thing under the switch on the wet tank...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
These are the only folks that make it. All for military contract

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks