• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Complete A/C KIT FMTV 1997 Cat 3116

Recce01

Hi All,
I have been reading up a bit on the A/C units for the FMTV, but I can't seem to find a complete ready to go kit. Is there such a thing? I am interested in the Gen2 version with all the parts necessary to fit it and get it running. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m pretty sure scottmandu has what you need... I’m not sure about gen2 vs gen1. He would be able to tell you.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have everything but compressor and the AC mount that mounts on the motor mount. The AC motor mount bracket I already installed and not going to take it off. Believe I bought Gen 2 unit.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ava8or in florida had the MTVR kit that will work on a 3116 or 3126 motor

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Blows 41 when it is 90 to 95. I am sure it would. You could just use one of the V belts off the alternator if you can get the compressor in line with it.

Attachments

Reworked LMTV

Blows 41 when it is 90 to 95. I am sure it would. You could just use one of the V belts off the alternator if you can get the compressor in line with it.
Sounds great! Does the bracket mount to the alternator mounting bolts or another area? Would be great to see a photo of what it mounts too. Is that a custom pulley on the alternator, or just 2 pulleys? Thanks!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have everything but compressor and the AC mount that mounts on the motor mount. The AC motor mount bracket I already installed and not going to take it off. Believe I bought Gen 2 unit.
Correction I took off the lower mount that was on the motor mount. Just need the compressor and lines.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Honestly on an LMTV i would just get a roof mounted compressor unit and add a single cylinder yanmar diesel L70 on the side in a box somewhere, hooked to a 4 or 5000 watt generator(tapered style) and hooked to an inverter. runs on 1 pint of fuel an hour. and 10x the cooling power of the truck ran unit. and alot cheaper.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you are looking for cheaper than having to kill yourself to get the right kit then you can use the MTVR kit that Ava8or down in Florida was selling. It has to have some mods but it will work.

You can also get the Spartan MRAP condensers off ebay for fairly cheap. Easy mounting behind the cab. Mobile Climate Control #14-4004

Attachments

hobbicam

I ordered 2 sets.. might be a 3rd hope Scott does not run out. Will update on installation soon. It beats having to source parts here and there.

Scott, can't wait to get them!

Thank you.

coachgeo

Ava8or in florida had the MTVR kit that will work on a 3116 or 3126 motor

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Ava8or is not a member here anymore. (or it is bad name spelling?) am curious of his bracket for compressor could instead by used to mount a second alternator. particularly if went to more stock alternator w/ CAT bracket... instead of military one.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ava8or is not a member here anymore. (or it is bad name spelling?) am curious of his bracket for compressor could instead by used to mount a second alternator. particularly if went to more stock alternator w/ CAT bracket... instead of military one.
All military alternators are J180 hinge style. Any alternator with that setup will work.

Go with a direct voltage 12 or 24 and an equalizer to change the voltage. After 5yrs I have not had either one fail.

coachgeo

All military alternators are J180 hinge style. Any alternator with that setup will work.

Go with a direct voltage 12 or 24 and an equalizer to change the voltage. After 5yrs I have not had either one fail.
am going with delco direct style alt. and already have 24v to 12v convertor that can handle the 12v draw. My military 200 amp conversion went out.... likely a regulator... got two sweet Balmar 100amp 24v alts with muliti chemistry regulators for price of NOS Neihoff regulator. Was going to keep one as a spare..... then realiized , having two would solve a lot of switching back and forth complexity issues was trying to plan around due to having mulitple battery banks of different chemistry. (lithium, lead basic, lead AGM) Bit complicated (me.... overly complicated... neveeeeeeeer) but it is what it is..... soooooo exploring double mount options... but they will both be 24v in my case.

PS- let me know when something puts you coming up toward Cincy.... still got a pair of tires to pick up from ya.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks