• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP831 overvoltage shutdown

MP901

Hey guys,

So i have a MEP831 that starts and the overvoltage light goes on then the set shuts down, any thoughts on this? Im hoping the inverter isnt going bad. I cant find anything in the TM about it either.

Thanks

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried to adjust the "VOLTAGE ADJUST" knob counter clockwise? Also Battle short should allow operation under a over volt condition. I would break out a volt meter and measure it that way off of lugs with contractor closed. I also recommend while the unit is running that you ground it. Hopefully this helps you out.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the voltage going out? Have you measured it?

+1 on making sure the set is grounded while you are working on it.

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you tried to adjust the "VOLTAGE ADJUST" knob counter clockwise? Also Battle short should allow operation under a over voltage condition. I would break out a voltmeter and measure it that way off of lugs with contractor closed. I also recommend while the unit is running that you ground it. Hopefully this helps you out.
Here's a question. When you start the gen set up, does it go straight to Overvoltage condition, or as soon as you let go of S1? Or does it go to overvoltage condition only when you engage the S5?

AfghanVeteran2010

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I might of found the problem, I was only able to see this after pulling the engine and getting at eye level with fill port. That's a quarter sitting beside it.
20171110_161850.jpg

MP901

No problem thanks guys. Turns out the pot to adjust had a inline broken wire that was fun to trace and intermittent no less!Now gen starts and runs but now have to play with the gov unit to get it to shut off. Off to the TM to adjust it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks