• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Backup lights

CES 3245th

I was hoping that someone could point me in the rightdirection on this! I want to install a LED backup lights on my M923 is there awire in the rear that I can tie into so that it will engage the backup lightsas well as power them?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May want to post this in the 5ton forum. My guess says a moderator will be along shortly to move it.

As for me, I'd just control them with a switch in the cab and call them "rear work lights", but state requirements vary so ymmv...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see no reason you can't post in any of the forums.

I moved it to the correct forum.

If you have trouble starting a new thread, post in the website help forum, or use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

BEASTMASTER

hey buddie, I don't know if you have a Sprague transfer case ?? but on my m-51 I tapped into the reverse line on my t-case. put a t in the line and a brake light switch from a mack on it. had to run a hot wire to it from the batt, and a wire all the way to the rear to the lights.

74M35A2

A pressure switch is added to the outside of the transmission to do what you want. Easy mod. Senses hydraulic pressure on the reverse clutch/band circuit in the trans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks