• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 winter SoCal meet Vietnam display Nixon library in Yorba Linda

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to make a run with my deuce to the Nixon Library in conjunction with the U.S. National Archives Vietnam exhibit.

Tentively Fri. Dec. 29 or Sat. Dec. 30.

A few of my co-workers and several in my family and friends are Vietnam vets; I don't know if any will also be going.

Anyone wanting to meet please post here.

-Ken
909-534-2628

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep!
IMG_6761.jpg
Redlands Veterans Day Parade 2017
VFW and American Legion members
IMG_6771.jpg
End of Parade at park for ceremonies
and public participation

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks as good as when you sent the pics after you painted it! That was a fun, good truck. I kinda miss it. Good memories. After I saw pics of your other trucks, I knew it was going to a good home.

vvwilkins

Sounds like fun. Just received historic plates for my 5ton. If its running (some days yes, others not so much), can I join the gathering or is this for Vietnam era MV specifically? Is there a flyer with additional details?
-Virgil

I plan to make a run with my deuce to the Nixon Library in conjunction with the U.S. National Archives Vietnam exhibit.

Tentively Fri. Dec. 29 or Sat. Dec. 30.

A few of my co-workers and several in my family and friends are Vietnam vets; I don't know if any will also be going.

Anyone wanting to meet please post here.

-Ken
909-534-2628

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming no unforseen family obligations, I will be there Saturday at 10:00 a.m.; I am not going Friday (donating blood).

Museum Hours are 1000-1700
Admission (adults) should be $16; military active: free; military retired: $10
https://www.nixonlibrary.gov/themuseum/index.php

Address:
18001 Yorba Linda Boulevard
Yorba Linda, California 92886

Ken J
909-534-2628

As additional information, the National Archives exhibit (which is touring the U.S.) is a Vietnam War-specific pictorial presentation.
https://www.nixonlibrary.gov/themuseum/exhibits/current_exhibitions.php

P.S.: I realize links fail after time, but this is a temporary event.

Last edited:

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As usual, family responsibilities are interfering with plans for fun.

I will NOT be able to make it to this event.

I hope anyone else who goes will enjoy the drive and let the rest of us know how the National Archives display looked!

Best Regards,
-Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks