• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 V battery

CES 3245th

Before you guys go off onthe deep end on this question, this is just a question. I have installed a newfuse block to accept accessories which can run on 24 V. I have a M923 with (4)separate batteries wired in succession. I have a 4 ga. Wire coming off fuseblock and I want to put it on the 24 V side of the battery so that I'm pullingpower from all (4) batteries not just two. Any help in this matter would beappreciated, Easy Now!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you're wanting about 1200 amps available at 24V?

Positive post of the front battery on the drivers side is your source for 24v.... then the fuse box should have a means to ground to frame.

Make sure your batteries are connected correctly - check against the diagram on the underside of the passenger seat. Also, this should be the same post where the positive side of your slave port is connected.

Last edited:

CES 3245th

Looking at the wiring diagram
the post that has the cables numbered 49 & 68-6 which will give me 24V from all (4) batteries.
I would be running
4ga from the terminal to a new (12) fuse block that I have installed to power the new accessories. I have also installed a ground bus bar that has (12) hook ups for added accessories, it also has a spot that I would run the 4gauge grounding wire to the frame. If I have gone in the wrong direction with what I have just written let me know. I will say I'm a little confused on your part that says, ground to the frame. Wouldn't I be doing that with the ground bus bar set up?? Let me know what you think and thank you for your time on this issue.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I edited my above post to try to make it more clear.

I'd send pics, but I'm in SD and my truck is in KS.

Bottom line - get your positive from the same location that the slave port does, and connect your negative to the truck frame. This presumes nothing has been altered from stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks