• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering wheel replacement and specs

BuiltMFG

I've removed the steering wheel to pull the dash apart for powder coat and I figured while I was at it I should replace it (it's in rough shape). It looks like it's a 36 spline 7/8 to 1" in diameter. Does anybody know what this equates to on another truck (i.e. GM or freight liner) so I can get the right hub assembly? Thanks in advance

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are several FMTV steering wheels for sale on the big auction site right now. The SS Member above may have a better deal than auction site. Many FMTV parts are available there if you get a chance to search for FMTV/LMTV.

coachgeo

There is some OK videos on how to repair a Steering wheel on Youtube. This this is the route I'll go. Mine has chunks missing in one spot. Chunks are right where a spinner knob would have been attached. Since mine was used for snow plowing I suspect that is what the case was. I plan to fill the area with Liquid steel... mold it best I can.... try to copy the texture in the area by pressing something.... not sure what yet, into it... then paint it. Maybe reinstall a spinner knob there to hid the spot?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks