• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Next Dutch salvage yard

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW there is definitely some extremely cool stuff there I wonder how big a shipping container you would need to ship a 123??? and what the heck why not get a quote on the GOER at the same time! Thats the kind of stuff dreams are made of!
Thanks for posting!
karl

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Karl, I don't think he wants to sell the GOER, maybe the 123, but it would be expensive, then add the shipping costs and insurance costs. In both cases, you are talking ro-ro transport; containers are way to small. Rotterdam is close, so getting to the port and then to the USA is no problem.

54REo, might be variation, but you are right, the tong is different. On my pics, the hinge flanges sticks out more or less straight, and the triangle connector is connected higher. On your pics, the triangle is connected lower and the hinge flanges are sloping much more downwards. The dolly in my pics is definitely post WW II, the owner thought early 50s.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That M818 is really cool. I know the model looks good singled out but the look of the dual 14.00 is awesome.

The big fold down goose neck is cool too. I'd like to have the geometry worked out to add a fold down ramp to a frame I have started as a low-boy (rgn) for excavator. M931A2 is high, so lots of it.

Thanks for the pictures.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robo,

didn't happen pen to see a m151A2 at that junk yard did you?
He had a few jeeps standing in another shed, didn't made pics, don't know details. He just got is some more jeeps in less good condition. Are you interested in buying one or in parts or just nice pics?

TobyS, which M818 are your referring to? In the pics are two M816 wreckers, a standard M813 cargo on singles. The truck in the third pic of the first post is an M123 10-ton tractor.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ohhh....I guess it's the 10 ton M123 tractor I was referring to. I like that.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Problem is, he has to save some money and take a day off before her can drive it around the farm; they gobble fuel and are very slow. :tinkerbell: :smile:

Guyfang

Staff member
He had a few jeeps standing in another shed, didn't made pics, don't know details. He just got is some more jeeps in less good condition. Are you interested in buying one or in parts or just nice pics?

TobyS, which M818 are your referring to? In the pics are two M816 wreckers, a standard M813 cargo on singles. The truck in the third pic of the first post is an M123 10-ton tractor.
ROBO,

I need an M151A2 body. Would consider buying a whole jeep if it was not going to cost me an arm and a leg. Do you have this guys contact info? Shoot me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks