• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt wheels and CTIS on an M923a2

Vintage iron

in that case. I made an aluminum spacer block to space out the stock CTIS valve out and built new valve mounting plates. I used the longer CTIS hoses that are used on the rear axles to give me more flex in the hoses.

Flatlander

I have been building and customizing military trucks full time for about ten years now, most of you are familiar with my work as A&H Recon shop. over the years I have converted a bunch of 5 ton trucks to 1600s. This is what I found. Since M939A2 series trucks have out bound drums you don't need HEMTT rims on the front.
Ok, so stock rims can be used on the a2s...but aren’t there rubbing issues since the backspacing is more to the center of the truck vs the HEMTT rims?

Flatlander

I have put 1600s with stock 5 ton rims on the front of an A2 with No rubbing. the outbound drums make all the difference.
Well, great! I like the sound of that. Can you explain the difference in the drums from the a1/a2? I didn’t realize there was a difference other than ctis and hub seal design. Are the drums mounting surfaces different?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks