• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATV tires on a Mule

Vinny

If you cant find the right wheel pattern make an adapter plate for the mule wheel pattern to the atv wheel pattern. I've got a set of atv wheels and tires on a ford fiestiva , toy rally car, its fun though.

KD

Mule tires

Normal Mule tires are 7.50x10. They are about 23.5" tall and 7.5" wide on a 10" rim. I like the look of Interco Super Swampers, but you will have a slightly taller and wider tire. 25x9.50x10, but they look close to the military style. There are other brands with closer to the same size, but I just like the look of these.

http://www.4atvtires.com/atvTires/showProduct.php?id=2761&cat_id=2

Hope this helps.

If you go with too wide of tire it is hard on your steering tie rods.

KD

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Mule tires

Some of you may hate this but...what is the biggest tire size you've put on a mule rim? I'm seriously looking at the Interco super swamper. will the 25 x 9.50 x 10 work on original rims? Any rubbing? Your thoughts???

Reactions: emr

Charlie

If your mule has 4WS, be careful running aggressive tires on hard surfaces. Since there are no spider gears in the differentials, the tires must be able to slip. If the tires can't slip something has to give, and it's usually the front axle pinion gear

Attachments

xfootdoc

Interco Superswampers

If anyone has actually put these tires on their mule would you please post a picture or email one to me. I agree they look close to military but I would like to se how they look as they are a littel larger. Also how do they handle on and off road. Thanks......Alan

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Interco Superswampers

I ended up buying new stock NDT tires from Bill Watson. I went back and forth between originals and ATV tires. I went with originals because they may be the only set I'll ever have to buy, they are the real deal and they look cool. I just got them yesterday and will have them on the mule this weekend. Pics to follow.

frank1669

ATV tires and weight

I realeize its an old thread - But I am woundering how Well THe atv Tires handle 600 to 700 pound loads on the mule? This would be on unmaintained dirt roads mostly, Thanks Jerry

FrankUSMC

Go back to page one and read what Charlie (from Alabama) wrote. I have stock tires on my mule and when I am turning, I can here them "cherping" from slipping. As he said "something has to give"..and if you have tires that will not slip, something in the drive train is going to. Read $$$$
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

B3.3T

ATV tires will handle the weight, no problem. But Charlie is right; you give a Mule too much traction and the tires can't slip as need. Too many folks are just expecting these vehicles to perform like mini Jeeps or like a SxS ATV. They will not.

frank1669

I did read the post and I assumed Hard surface was concrete or pavement- Guess I will just stick with the NTDs Sounds like it will save me money in the long run

Hightechken

The original military NDT tires just do not have much tread depth even when new, And are very rounded shoulders. I bought a set of "military" tires from Wallace W Wade in Texas a few years ago that are MUCH better than the stock tires. Much deeper tread, Squared off shoulders, Cheaper too! I have an email in to them right now to see if they are still available.
The best part was they just LOOK better than the stock tires on a mule.

captw

that's Nick Denardo's TOW missile mule in the photo from Aberdeen, MD, and those tires are what was placed on the mule, in addition to the wide fenders, to operate in ares where high flotation was required...I have the same set up on my mule...W

rexman

mule tire info

Where to get mule tires,have rounded on now,but dry rotted ,LOOKING FOR A SET Of new Shoes,Where To look /Best Price.N.W.Pa. Thanks Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks