• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the name of panel of rotary switches that direct air to the cab, suspension?

aleigh

Then look up NSN 4730-01-527-8543. See what UOC is listed next to it.
Haha, we're going around in circles. Look it up in... what? The TMs we have are for OUR trucks. We already know this part is not for OUR trucks. It's for some OTHER mystery trucks. The guess is the late model FMTVs with the full armor cabs but we don't have those TMs. I don't even know if they are released or not.

aleigh

That just heightens the mystery, actually. That's the LVAD, but it has air springs and a soft skin cab just like the rest, at least originally. My theory depends on them having a FMTV variant which doesn't have airbags, since the switch for them is missing on that part. Shrug. Who knows? Thanks for looking.

Reworked LMTV

The explanation for the UOC is on Page, (PDF reader page number) 19.
Look at the cover of the TM. Find your NSN.
Look to the left, thats your truck.
Go to page 19, and you will find this list below.

Code Used On

Trk, Car., LMTV M1078
UOC: LWB *W/WN
UOC: LAB W/O WN

Trk, Van, LMTV M1079
UOC: LWD *W/WN
UOC: LAD W/O WN

UOC: LAA Trk, Chas, LMTV M1080

Trk, Car., LMTV/AIRDROP M1081
UOC: LWC *W/WN
UOC: LAC W/O WN

* = With PTO.

The listing below is an example. Lets look at the wire harnes (part number 12420887) listed below. Notic the UOC listed at the end of the part listing. That wire harnes ONLY fits a UOC LAD and LWD. Look at the llist above, and you will see what trucks it fits. The wire harnes fits: LMTV 1079, WO/WN and the LMTV 1079, *W/WN. The astric means the truck has a PTO.

GROUP 0613: HULL OR CHASSIS WIRING
HARNESS
FIG.107 AUXILLARY PANEL CABLE
ASSEMBLY
1 PAOOO 0FW39 12420887 WIRING HARNESS,BRAN................. 1
UOC:LAD,LWD,

2 MOOZZ 0FW39 12420924-005X .TUBING,NONMETALLIC MAKE FROM V
TUBING P/N 12420924-005 (0FW39) X
1270 MM.............................

3 PAOZZ 81349 M43436/1-3 .BAND,MARKER........................ 4

4 PAOZZ 09922 SM16M-1TK6 .CONTACT,RECEPTACLE................. 3

5 PAOZZ 58536 A-A-55464-07 .CONNECTOR BODY,PLUG (J912)........ 1

Was this any help? Look the parts up you need, and see what UOC fits your truck.
What are LACs, LADs, LWD, and LWCs? Sorry, I'm not familiar.

Reworked LMTV

Working on the manifold

IMG_2133.jpgIMG_2139.jpgIMG_2137.jpg

So I am diving into the manifold. Looks like another PITA. It appears that the manual pump is made by PowerPacker and is still being made for non-military applications. The middle picture is on one of the screens I removed from the top of the manifold. They appear smashed. Anyone have a source for these? I see the name Vickers on the knobs of the manifold. Did they make the entire manifold, or just the valves? I tried to get the orifice filter out (it looked dirty) with no luck. Any recommendations as to how to get the orifice filter out of the valve body?

Guyfang

Staff member
What are LACs, LADs, LWD, and LWCs? Sorry, I'm not familiar.
They are the UOC codes. Each model truck gets a code. When ever there is a difference between models, the code is placed next to the part. This way you can tell, for example, if the truck TM shows a valve, and there are 4 different valves listed for that item number, which truck model gets which valve.

Last edited:

Reworked LMTV

They are the UOC codes. Each model truck gets a code. When ever there is a difference between models, the code is placed next to the part. This way you can tell, for example, if the truck TM shows a valve, and there are 4 different valves listed for that item number, which truck model gets which valve.
Can you tell us what the corresponding truck is with theses names (LACs, LADs, LWD, and LWCs) ?

aleigh

So I am diving into the manifold. Looks like another PITA. It appears that the manual pump is made by PowerPacker and is still being made for non-military applications. The middle picture is on one of the screens I removed from the top of the manifold. They appear smashed. Anyone have a source for these? I see the name Vickers on the knobs of the manifold. Did they make the entire manifold, or just the valves? I tried to get the orifice filter out (it looked dirty) with no luck. Any recommendations as to how to get the orifice filter out of the valve body?
Parker makes the valves. You want my advice, take the whole thing to a hydro shop that works on cranes (I went the Seattle crab boat route, on the docks), dump it on their counter, and smile a smile, and just let them sort it out. You find the right guy in the back, he'll see it as a mystery or puzzle to solve. If you take them the TM -20P with the original mfr parts that helps them, and they'll call Parker and Parker will figure it out to the commercial parts. Or just buy another one.

PS - the internals of the valves are "cartridges". If you go to the parker website and get the PDFs you can actually run it down. The cartridges have a body style (the physical package) and then a series of characteristics like the working pressures. You can reverse engineer the military part numbers for commercial equivalents in the same cartridge series... You'll see.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Sure, BUT, you need the right TM.

What I mean is that if you look at post #39, and read the TM example I gave you, you know what part fits what truck in any given parts TM. The UOC code is NOT vehicle unique. It is TM unique. It is purely intended to show you what part fits what model truck in a given manual. That's important when one manual is used cover more then one truck. Some manuals cover 2,3,4, or more different versions of the same basic vehicle.

Crapgame

1994 M1081 LVAD, all the rotating knobs on the hydraulic control manifold are missing, and the manifold itself is just hanging there by hose tension, not bolted to the Tool Box. Also missing the swing down cover/hinge.

Is it going to be easier to replace the cartridge valves themselves or to buy a whole manifold then changeover all the lines? I'd prefer to just release the pressure then just change out the cartridge valves along with the metal data plate that is missing.

The ebay Manifold Data Plate I bought is taller and wider than the manifold, and the bolt holes aren't lining up anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks