• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the name of panel of rotary switches that direct air to the cab, suspension?

aleigh

Whatever good idea fairy lead to the fluid they used, I am sure the reason wasn't lack of money. Maybe they just thought they had enough 18 year olds to change the fluid on an interval. I've actually never looked in the TM to see what the r/r interval is supposed to be. Maybe they wanted to use some oil they had in inventory (like we have engine oil in the tranny). Who knows. Sorry to hear of your woes though because getting that manifold off sucks. In case you are wondering, no, they didn't give you any slack in the hoses. I was pretty tempted to have the local hydro place make up extensions just to get another 4-6" so the next time the manifold comes off I won't be cussing at it, trying to get my hand and a spanner in that cramped space to turn the lugs 1/3200000th of an inch each time. You'll see...

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could be the cylinder for cab lift.
My tire cylinder went bad worked fine then I decided to paint spare and tire would not lift by control box so I tried hand pump it moved a little and hand pump got so hard you could pull handle down.
Turn valve on control box back to cab lift and you could hear and feel the pressure relief.
Changed tire ram all is well.

Reworked LMTV

It could be the cylinder for cab lift.
My tire cylinder went bad worked fine then I decided to paint spare and tire would not lift by control box so I tried hand pump it moved a little and hand pump got so hard you could pull handle down.
Turn valve on control box back to cab lift and you could hear and feel the pressure relief.
Changed tire ram all is well.
Interesting. Did you use OEM or universal rams?

Reworked LMTV

Whatever good idea fairy lead to the fluid they used, I am sure the reason wasn't lack of money. Maybe they just thought they had enough 18 year olds to change the fluid on an interval. I've actually never looked in the TM to see what the r/r interval is supposed to be. Maybe they wanted to use some oil they had in inventory (like we have engine oil in the tranny). Who knows. Sorry to hear of your woes though because getting that manifold off sucks. In case you are wondering, no, they didn't give you any slack in the hoses. I was pretty tempted to have the local hydro place make up extensions just to get another 4-6" so the next time the manifold comes off I won't be cussing at it, trying to get my hand and a spanner in that cramped space to turn the lugs 1/3200000th of an inch each time. You'll see...
Oy.....Yet another adventure in busted knuckles and wallet robbery.

Reworked LMTV

So it appears that the ram for the cab is locked up. When I remove both hydraulic lines, it stays elevated. I ordered a new heavy duty ram from Will. Hopefully it will fit.

aleigh

So uh the original fluid is apparently H5606 (for trivia's sake), and I went with Mil H 23282. This is the synthetic version of 5606. Overkill: probably. Both 23282 or 5606 are going to be anti-corrosive.

Reworked LMTV

So uh the original fluid is apparently H5606 (for trivia's sake), and I went with Mil H 23282. This is the synthetic version of 5606. Overkill: probably. Both 23282 or 5606 are going to be anti-corrosive.
Looks like all this hydraulic fluid is toxic.

aleigh

On the A0 trucks the -24P specifies two parts. 12420621 and 12420621-001. The latter is CAGE 0FW39 (BAE) and the latter is CAGE 19207 (US Tank Automotoive Cmd). They do the same job but the valve arrangement and subparts different, so they call it out. The NSN is 4730-01-457-8479 and when you look this up you see they were also manufactured at times by 09990 (Parker) and 0PFG7 (SFX Fluid Power).

The single valve manifold is different: 12423160-001 and is manufactured by 0FW39 and 19207, plus 0PFG7 (SPX Fluid Power). Reqs for this part NSN 4730-01-527-8543 started in 2008. This is the manifold with the single air switch. The switch that is missing appears to be the air-ride cab bags.

SO

My theory on this is that the single-switch, newer version is for the armored cabs, which probably don't have an airbag setup due to the weight?

Guyfang

Staff member
I am going to jump in here. Dosnt your manual have a UOC, (Usable on Code codes) next to the parts listings? Normaly, thats how the army tells you what part fits what model.

aleigh

I am going to jump in here. Dosnt your manual have a UOC, (Usable on Code codes) next to the parts listings? Normaly, thats how the army tells you what part fits what model.
If someone knows how to look that up... I've checked the usual online databases and they don't seem to have the UOC information. In the TM (-24P) it assumes you want to use it on a FMTV since that's what the manual is for.

Guyfang

Staff member
The explanation for the UOC is on Page, (PDF reader page number) 19.
Look at the cover of the TM. Find your NSN.
Look to the left, thats your truck.
Go to page 19, and you will find this list below.

Code Used On

Trk, Car., LMTV M1078
UOC: LWB *W/WN
UOC: LAB W/O WN

Trk, Van, LMTV M1079
UOC: LWD *W/WN
UOC: LAD W/O WN

UOC: LAA Trk, Chas, LMTV M1080

Trk, Car., LMTV/AIRDROP M1081
UOC: LWC *W/WN
UOC: LAC W/O WN

* = With PTO.

The listing below is an example. Lets look at the wire harnes (part number 12420887) listed below. Notic the UOC listed at the end of the part listing. That wire harnes ONLY fits a UOC LAD and LWD. Look at the llist above, and you will see what trucks it fits. The wire harnes fits: LMTV 1079, WO/WN and the LMTV 1079, *W/WN. The astric means the truck has a PTO.

GROUP 0613: HULL OR CHASSIS WIRING
HARNESS
FIG.107 AUXILLARY PANEL CABLE
ASSEMBLY
1 PAOOO 0FW39 12420887 WIRING HARNESS,BRAN................. 1
UOC:LAD,LWD,

2 MOOZZ 0FW39 12420924-005X .TUBING,NONMETALLIC MAKE FROM V
TUBING P/N 12420924-005 (0FW39) X
1270 MM.............................

3 PAOZZ 81349 M43436/1-3 .BAND,MARKER........................ 4

4 PAOZZ 09922 SM16M-1TK6 .CONTACT,RECEPTACLE................. 3

5 PAOZZ 58536 A-A-55464-07 .CONNECTOR BODY,PLUG (J912)........ 1

Was this any help? Look the parts up you need, and see what UOC fits your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks