• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M4 Mount

aleigh

So I have my M1078 and with the gun mounts. They were clearly designed for holding a M4 rifle with the rounded forestock. Like most people my rifles have quad rails, optics, blah blah blah. Consequently they don't go into the rifle mounts very well. The mounts are too close to the wall to clear optics, and the rounded handle things get jammed up with accessories, or threaten to scratch the rails.

I could make some blocks and pull the mounts away from the wall but overall the mounts suck. What's the answer for this? I see in photos the military helicopter guys have some cool mounts. Is there some updated mount on the newer trucks in service?

Duckworthe

I took mine out. Before I turned mine into a camper I had a cop ask why I had those in there and if I had weapons in my truck. I laughed at him and said "well it is a MILITARY truck! but no, no firearms." I also live in the broken state of California. LOL

aleigh

I took mine out. Before I turned mine into a camper I had a cop ask why I had those in there and if I had weapons in my truck. I laughed at him and said "well it is a MILITARY truck! but no, no firearms." I also live in the broken state of California. LOL
Haha I actually use mine. For rifles even. When you have a rifle in there it also makes a great coat hanger.

snowtrac nome

Mine hold a whole variety of sporting arms too. Now I don't have an m4 with all the bells and whistles, but it holds my m4 with trijicon site real well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks