• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a M101 fit inside a M105A2??

70deuce

Hope to pick up my M818 tractor and 2 trailers at GL. Any know if a M101 trailer will fit inside a M105A2 trailer so I can get all three home? The width of the M101 appears to be 73.5 inches. The inside side to side width of a M105A2 is also 73.5 inches. Looks like with with the wheels off the M101 that it might sit down low enough into the the M105A2 trailer to allow a safe transit home with a couple of heavy duty tie down straps. Anyone done this or agree this may be possible.

Phil C

Phil,

If neither trailer has the canvas and bows erected, AND you have the equipment to do so, you may be better off to FLIP the M101 on top of the M105. If necessary, you can put crib boards across between the beds. Just make sure everything is strapped down tight. Seen them transported this way more than once.

70deuce

Thanks Brian. The M101 has no bows or top. The M105 trailer is almost mint with all 4 racks and a new top. Was planning to put the racks and top in another vehiicle. I will be able to measure both trailers before I pick them up. The yard has very large forklift that ccan lift the M101 easily. Your suggestion should work for sure.

Phil

Scrounger

A 101 will fit in a 105 without a problem, of course the top and bows on the 105 have to be removed. I towed a 105 with a 101 in the bed behind my K3500 without a problem. The GL people loaded it with a forklift and I strapped it down with a couple of 2” ratchet straps. It is a little top heavy and I didn’t drive like a maniac when doing it. To unload the 101 I put some ramps on the back of the 105 and ran a rope from the lunette of the 101 to a grab rail on the front of the 105. All it takes is a couple of turns around the rail and it will control the load, friction is a wonderful thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks