• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slow leak in tire

Aernan

My driver side rear tire leaks down slowly (2 days to go flat). This is a new problem it didn't do it for the first month or so.

I tried the soapy water trick and found the union between the valve stem and the CTIS kneeling valve was leaking. Looking at the TM it shows an o-ring there so I ordered and installed one. Retest with soapy water and I see no bubbles. After repair it's still going flat after a few days.

I looked at the whole sidewall and large portions of the tread for a puncture but have not found one.

Here are the things I think it may still be.
0. actual hole in the tire
1. rim seal to tire
2. rim seal internal
3. valve stem to rim
4. valve step to kneeling valve - still a problem but slow leak?
5. kneeling to ctis hose - I did disconnect it there and did not replace the seal.
6. CTIS valve itself
7. shrader valve on body of CTIS valve - has cap so I doubt it.

Any ideas?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Take off banjo bolt. Put plastic bag scrunched down over banjo assembly and rubber band down over hose tight. If air is leaking thru the valve the bag will expand.

Aernan

When I put the o-ring on I put it over the valve stem. Looking at the TM I can't tell if it goes inside the squat valve effectively at the end of the valve stem. I think I will remove it again and see if it's even possible to install that way and also clean the squat valve.

Aernan

Tried open close squat valvevalve. After closing it took a while for the air to stop. I'm assuming it's dirty or tired spring. Didn't have time for tare down tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

coachgeo

not sure but might not be speaking just for myself..... but really hope soon you figure out how to upload to this board instead for posting pics thru tapatalk. Some great info you have posted is going to end up useless for others right when they could really use it cause changes to Tapatalk or your account there, will assuredly happen, making all you pics disappear in here.

PS... it looks like if you can just upload/attach using the links you have been using inside your post. Just in a post your writing click the icon that looks like photo album image of a tree.... click on [From URL] ... cut paste in your URL and whala....... pic uploads to here. Used one of your URL's to do below attach

fd0de90aa6c0ecae2b565f3591a1d1e8.jpg

Last edited:

Aernan

not sure but might not be speaking just for myself..... but really hope soon you figure out how to upload to this board instead for posting pics thru tapatalk. Some great info you have posted is going to end up useless for others right when they could really use it cause changes to Tapatalk or your account there, will assuredly happen, making all you pics disappear in here.

PS... it looks like if you can just upload/attach using the links you have been using inside your post. Just in a post your writing click the icon that looks like photo album image of a tree.... click on [From URL] ... cut paste in your URL and whala....... pic uploads to here. Used one of your URL's to do below attach

View attachment 710478
I can't upload from desktop unless the image is at a URL already. I could setup photobucket or something. Is there any way to direct upload?

Aernan

So it looks like someone used that valve as a step. I bent it back. Next day tire had more air but still low. Chances are good it's a leaky valve.

Last edited:

coachgeo

I can't upload from desktop unless the image is at a URL already. I could setup photobucket or something. Is there any way to direct upload?

???????????? totally confused..... your photo's show up here on the board as a URL...... So do whatever your doing then after posting .... edit the post and use the URL that taptalk supplied to upload/attach properly into the post. This is exactly what I did.. used the url found inside your own post to upload the picture)

otherwise as suprman says (though he was refering to something else) get rid of that thing (Taptalk)

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Ipad seems to work fairly well by starting at the SS website and going to manage pictures, then taking one and downloading it. So far I've just done pictures and have had a hard time getting at the "done" button, but it usually works.

Aernan

To recap. I can upload from tapatalk just fine and I guess after upload I could edit by importing from URL that tapatalk posts the photo to. Is there any way to just directly upload from my laptop? I found the button but the confirm after picking photo never appears.

coachgeo

To recap. I can upload from tapatalk just fine and I guess after upload I could edit by importing from URL that tapatalk posts the photo to. Is there any way to just directly upload from my laptop? I found the button but the confirm after picking photo never appears.
you can:
. scroll down below the post area and on bottom right corner click box [Go Advanced]
. scroll down below it's post area and click on left side [Manage Attachments]
. This will take you to a more formal version of adding pics from a url or from your hard drive.

Givinup

you can:
. scroll down below the post area and on bottom right corner click box [Go Advanced]
. scroll down below it's post area and click on left side [Manage Attachments]
. This will take you to a more formal version of adding pics from a url or from your hard drive.
Thanks for the explanation. I've never viewed from anything but tapatalk. Didn't realize tapatalk linked photos instead of embedding them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks