• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

01/94 M998 rear Axle Differential - need some help please.

voron0255

Hi all.I pull the right rear half shaft to replace boots.

Got splash of gear oil from between inner joint and FLANGE,OUTPUT SHAFT.

Pull the schematic please see attacheditem number 16 part number 5939517 PACKING,PREFORMEDDecide that i need to replace it.

When i try to loose item number 10 ( output flange LockNut ) part number 5579442 NUT,SELF-LOCKING, it give up very easy ( i understand it is need to be torqued to 166-196 ft-lb )

Moreover - when i got nut completely out i didn't find item number 16, it was just a nut loosely holding flange to the axle shaft.

I ordered new locknut item number 10 and starwasher item number 16, my question is do i need this washer or i have some "older design" Axle Differential that is not required this seal washer?

I also notice that those washers come in different colors, blue and red, i order the blue one, can someone explain to me what is the difference please.

Help will be greatly appreciated.Thank you

post.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if is still on the stub axle shaft...order a new one anyway, it's a special star seal...old one were a couple oversized o-rings that didn't work well. Prevents oil from running down the splines

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks