• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Street Blocker M45 530C.

dmetalmiki

The mayor from a local town had seen our trucks at a street carnival this year.
He thought they would make great 'street blockers' for their local Christmas vintage weekend.
So, I agreed to supply four trucks, and set off early evening with the fire truck, a deuce, a jeep, and a dodge.
Halfway there (about 10 miles) the fire truck simply stopped! just as though the engine stop had been pulled as slowed to a halt. F***! (flip!..yeah..).
The convoy stopped and I got out and stared at the 530C. It did not start. I kicked a tire..still nothing. Got out the can of penetrating oil (with Teflon) and second buddy squirted and it fired up.
Drove fine for two miles, slowed to a stop. Cranked nothing. 'Squirt', off we go again.
Did this repeatedly untill we arrived at the town, and now I am faced with a one way system and every chance of blocking the highway in the wrong places,
As i could get to my position as road blocker by going the wrong way up the one way street (possibly without another halt) I flagged down a passing police car (they had cars patrolling due to the recent alerts (and why they had requested us as as street blockers)).
Told them the problem and stated I could make by going directly up the one way to my position to block off the street.
The cops stared at the 530c's lights and 'dingers'..." You got lights?", ...."You got sirens?"
"I do indeed".
"on your way then"
So I did indeed finish my duty run to the blocking position.
Most satisfying, and got some REAL admiring stares en route!.
Came time to go..(dread)..Stroked the bonnet (hood)..patted the wing (fender)..'Squirt!..Fired right up and drove home in our convoy never missing a beat. Ho Hum..'puzzle time tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Great truck. Fuel filters? In tank pump? The problems gotta be something simple...

Jon
Well it actually 'feels' (seems) like something is sucked up, or vacuum crimps under suction..('cept the fuel supply is under pressure).
I am going to check the intake directly at the pump..as I recall from memories past there is a filter (brass) mesh? at that point.
I will check this theory, and duly report.
A 'fault' like this makes a truck "untrustworthy" for a long run anywhere.

dmetalmiki

P.S.

Addendum. The mesh filter 'lives' just inside the union? where the fuel supply goes into the base of the injector pump. (i am not referring to the in tank pump mesh.( OR am I?)) I will check that as well today,....and,..duly report back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks