• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Lost Surplus Contract

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see stuff sell in Washington, California, Utah and other places out west I would like to bid on too but it is too far to make it work. I did score my M915A1 in California and hauled it to OK on an RGN because it was a good buy.
It varies. GL had a thought about what items were worth shipping to OK and which weren't. I've bought stuff from OK and shipped it to WA. To find the shipping labels from JBLM to OK still attached. Seems the NOS stuff went to OK. The used version stayed at JBLM. (Towbars in this case). And a lot of stuff stays @ JBLM because someone thought it not worth shipping.

So we'll see.

big block 88

I just want it to go back the way it used to be when we would walk into drmo at ft riley and go over all the trucks and see what was best see what had the best parts and being "more" sure that you are buying a nice truck.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just want it to go back the way it used to be when we would walk into drmo at ft riley and go over all the trucks and see what was best see what had the best parts and being "more" sure that you are buying a nice truck.
The only truck I've ever previewed is also the only truck to break down on the way home. It dumped the coolant into the oil about 300 miles out of ft riley. Go figure....

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, and I'm sure to get flamed here but I like the GP way of selling better. If I'm not high bidder on an item there will be another in a few mins. I hate the GL way if all ending at the same time. It only helps the bidders who plan to buy all lots of a certain item. No matter what.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
To me it was much better buying straight from the DRMO, no tax, fees and you got the SF97 in your name for free which meant you went to the local DMV and got a state title in your name without having to pay for an out of state inspection. I just hope GSA doesn't change!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me it was much better buying straight from the DRMO, no tax, fees and you got the SF97 in your name for free which meant you went to the local DMV and got a state title in your name without having to pay for an out of state inspection. I just hope GSA doesn't change!
Yeah that's slowly changing too. I came across an announcement on GSA's site a few months back saying GovPlanet was taking over some aspects of logistics of certain counties and areas. I'm trying to find the announcement page since the bookmarked link is broken (thanks to GSA's website design).

DeadParrot

Just got back from the OKC USRO walk in store. Today is the final day of walk in operations. 50% off, so I picked up a few deals. Expect to see online sales to clear out their remaining retail stock but exact plans were still a work in progress.

They did say they will be doing loadouts for GL auction lots into April but weren't sure when the last auction would happen.

1800 Diesel

Another loss for GL?

This may be old news to SS members but new to me. Spoke to my GL contact at Eglin yesterday after noticing sparse listings at this location and at several others. Apparently GL has lost another contract and in the future will only be handling scrap sales. My assumption is that GP got the contract for everything that GL would have previously listed.

GL had already lost the rolling stock group and now it has lost everything else except scrap sales. Probably not good for anyone trying to buy. It appears that a monopoly may be brewing but I guess we'll have to deal with it....time will tell.

Has anyone else heard or read about this situation?

jamawieb

Fort Campbell is the same, they are mainly loading scrap. Last month I bought a 802a and they had to take me to GP's holding area to load the generator because they are not allowed to load anything either. You will probably see more items coming from GL warehouses in Lockbourne and OKC. Lockbourne is were a majority of the generators are going.

Ray70

I think the current GP sites are just going to begin selling the surplus items that used to go to GL. Only difference is in cases like Chambersburg PA where they have a strictly "Outdoor" GP facility, those sites will need to move to a location with a warehouse, possibly Letterkenny in the case of PA. Which would be one of the bad points... now I may have to go onto a base instead of the more casual, in and out pick-up lot in Chambersburg.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
As of now there will be two regional warehouses due to the way the new contract is structured. These warehouses will not be located on any Military bases. The eastern warehouse will be in Chambersburg, PA and the Western warehouse will be in Las Vegas, NV. There will be quite a bit on inventory that will either sell from our current local GP sites, as well as consolidation points across the country. The logistics and final operations plan is still being worked, however, the two warehouse locations have been locked in. I will update everyone with the specifics as soon as they are finalized and approved, as well as when the inventory will start appearing in sales and auctions.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There will be quite a bit on inventory that will either sell from our current local GP sites, as well as consolidation points across the country.

I will update everyone with the specifics as soon as they are finalized and approved, as well as when the inventory will start appearing in sales and auctions.
Well (for me) those two points are good to hear.

smokem joe

Fort Campbell is the same, they are mainly loading scrap. Last month I bought a 802a and they had to take me to GP's holding area to load the generator because they are not allowed to load anything either. You will probably see more items coming from GL warehouses in Lockbourne and OKC. Lockbourne is were a majority of the generators are going.
I know from being in Lockbourne USRO is closed. Is GL still going to sell non rolling generators out of Lockbourne and OKC or did they lose it all?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks